23.

Rin soon became used to the routine. Wake up and greet her father before meeting her genin and training the shit out of them as Mizuchi out it and then being walked back home by Shisui. Sasuke's head was beginning to deflate a little bit. Not entirely, but little by little and he was beginning to tolerate his teammates more. Naruto showed determination to the utmost, especially in the water walking exercise where he had fallen into the water so many times that his clothes were soaking wet. Sakura was working harder perhaps, but she was still very much hung up on Sasuke. Rin supposed it was that stereotype that men didn't like women who were stronger than them. Rin's lips quirked when she remembered Sakura Haruno's famed punches in the other timeline.

  Sakura though did have excellent control, probably because she had so little chakra compared to the other two. She didn't have that much to begin with which was why her control over it was excellent. Rin remembered what Tsunade had yelled at her countless times—about her having horrible chakra control, at least, for the bar of a medical ninja. She only got as far as the Mystical Palm Technique, and even that was an entire hassle. Rin had too much chakra because she was a jinchurriki and so, Tsunade had to beat her up throughly to get the point of the lesson across.

  They started with D ranks as was normal, like fetching a cat from a tree or even babysitting children. Naruto hated it to say the least. "I hate this, dattebayo!" He whined as he had to change diapers, "how can anyone become a Hokage from this—"

  "You guys are genin," Rin replied calmly, "you start at the bottom like everyone else."

   Naruto wilted, looking visibly depressed.

  Rin smiled a bit at his behavior before she addressed all three of them, "Tell you what. If you don't accidentally kill these children, then I'll treat you all to ramen again."

  Rin knew Kakuzu would disapprove of her spending money on them if he was here and a pang of homesickness hit her chest. The Akatsuki might be allies with Konoha now, but they must be busy in their own missions. It had been two years since she had seen them.

  "Yes!" Naruto pumped his fist in the air as Sasuke hmphed.

   "I hate ramen," Sasuke mumbled.

   "I hate you!" Naruto crossed his arms, sticking out his tongue.

   Sakura rolled her eyes, meeting Rin's smirk.

   "How about dango afterwards?" Rin asked, asking more for her benefit than their's. She loved sweets almost as much as Naruto loved ramen. And that was saying a lot. As much as she had inherited Rin Nohara's looks, she had also earned her father's sweet tooth.

  "Hn, I hate sweets—" Sasuke mumbled.

  That was when Rin's eyes caught fire. "Excuse me, mind repeating that?" She asked in a dangerous voice as Sasuke froze.

  She poked him in the chest, eyes narrowed, "Sweets are given from heaven, mister, so you'll do better than insult them—"

"H-h-hai—" Sasuke replied, stuttering to all of their amazement.

  Rin smirked. She thought that she liked this feeling of power.

  "Well, then—" she smirked, "get on working, those diapers aren't going to change themselves."

*****

  "These are your genin, so kawaii!!" Keiko pinched Sasuke's cheek who gave her a killing glare, clearly embarrassed.

   Keiko smirked at that as she brought them the orders of dango. The genin talked among themselves, looking reasonably cheered up and more like a team. Keiko sat with Rin, who munched on her dango happily. She rolled her eyes, "Honestly, I keep forgetting you're still a kid—"

  "You're only three years my senior—" Rin shot back as Keiko grinned at that.

  "That's means I'm one year older than Shisui, right?" She winked, "I saw him walking you home."

  Rin's cheeks colored. "What the hell are you implying?"

  Mizuchi laughed at her inside of her chakra.

  "He's very attractive," Keiko sipped her tea, "and he seems to love dango as well. He looks like a good kisser too, I wonder if I should go and get him—"

  Rin felt something inside of her chest twitch slightly. She kind of wanted to punch Keiko in the face for some reason.

  Keiko laughed internally when she saw Rin's expression. She was jealous so easily, it was almost adorable. "Kidding—"she waved her hand dismissively before a mischievous glint crossed her eyes, "you know your dad's friend, right? Hatake Kakashi?"

  Rin nodded.

  Keiko bit off some dango as a dreamy look crossed her eyes, "Mind if you introduce me to him?"

  "He doesn't like sweets," Rin replied bluntly.

  Keiko waved her stick around carelessly, "I don't know, maybe just tie him up and bring him here—" a naughty look crossed her eyes, making Rin feel extremely uncomfortable. "He has a hot ass, like damn—" Keiko whistled, making Rin turn bright red with embarrassment.

  "He's as old as my dad," Rin muttered, "he's like an uncle to me."

   "Good," Keiko grinned, "that means I get to be your aunt then—"

  Rin gagged as Keiko rolled her eyes.

  "I'm just kidding—" she pushed the plate closer to Rin, "but anyways, I can see that you really like Shisui—" she said, her voice turning serious, "why do you like him so much?"

  Rin colored, "I don't like him."

  "Is it because he's hot?" Keiko asked, raising her eyebrow, "You don't look the type like me to just look for physical attraction though."

  Rin fiddled with her hands, "I told you, I don't like him."

  "Liar," Mizuchi sang as Rin wanted to glare at him.

To tell the truth, Rin didn't know why she liked him so much. Was it because she grew up listening to his words from Itachi in the other timeline? She remembered looking up to the shinobi who preached self sacrifice. And even when it was revealed that she was an Uchiha and a jinchurriki, he didn't even look angry or shocked. He just treated her like she was still Rin that he had met in the forest. That and the electrifying feeling she felt when she shook his hand before leaving with Jiraiya.

  "Rin—" Keiko looked at her steadily, "if you like him, then just tell him—"

  Rin stood up, feeling her cheeks heat up even more. "I think it's time we return to training," she motioned to her genin who stood up. Keiko rolled her eyes.

  "Denial—" she sang after them as they left the shop and Rin felt her ears turn pink.

  And of course, Sasuke Uchiha noticed all of this.

******

Next chapter will have action, I promise.

How do you like it so far?

Rin and Shisui have quite a long way to go, but I do enjoy the ship. XD

Please vote and comment, I do always love seeing your comments :D