Epilogue: Part One

Warning: I'm rating this as mature because of
well...there will be implied sex and some mature actions in this chapter. I mean, it's not graphic or anything but just in case it bothers you—I will be keeping it as light as possible. So don't imagine anything too graphic and we'll be fine.

********

Shunshin no Shisui was feared across all of the Five Great Nations as the Uchiha's most talented genjutsu user and his prowess that made a D rank jutsu as feared as an S ranked one. He was described as calm and stoic in battle without a hint of remorse inside of him when it came down to a mission for the Leaf. Nevertheless, Shisui wasn't a man without fear. He would have proposed to Rin sooner but he knew that the Akatsuki would probably attempt to murder him several times before he even reached the altar. And so, he ended up waiting for two more years.

  It gave him much time for reflection for the future, however—after all, marriage wasn't something to be just rushed with. He reflected over and over again. In every scenario, he couldn't picture anyone else but Rin standing next to him at the altar. Even if he tried to imagine someone else, he would always see that bright green hair and those shining eyes. This time, he was determined to pull through. He already got the rings—simple bands of silver that would not get in the way in the middle of a fight. Now, he just needed to ask her father.

  Shisui swallowed thickly as he approached the house, checking to see if every part of his uniform was immaculate. He had asked Itachi a thousand times, straining even his patience if he looked presentable. Itachi just gave him a dry look in the end. Shisui had done the impossible and annoyed the emotionless looking Itachi Uchiha. Itachi was supportive of his plan—as his best friend, he supported it wholeheartedly. Rin and Shisui was a match that practically all of the jonin were betting on. As per usual, Tsunade had a lot of money riding on them and did everything in her power as Hokage to get them to marry the hell up.

   Shisui knocked on the door. Silence. Then he saw Kakashi Hatake open the door, the ANBU looking quizzically at him.

  "Kakashi-San?" Shisui was taken aback, "have you seen Rin's father by any chance—"

Kakashi's eyes zoomed onto the obvious ring box in Shisui's hand and his one eye widened to the size of a saucer. "Are you actually going to...you're going to....is today the day?" Kakashi stumbled over his words, looking happy but worried at the same time.

  "Is he...is he in a bad mood?" Shisui asked tentatively.

  "Not yet," Kakashi replied, his eye flickering towards him, and allowing him to pass through the door. The door closed behind him as Shisui felt nervousness seize his gut. Kakashi clapped his hand on his back before murmuring in his ear, "If you die, I will make sure you get a proper burial, Shisui."

  "Arigato," Shisui replied, swallowing as he walked through the hallway before getting to the main room. Obito Uchiha had already sensed the foreign presence of chakra and was looking up at Shisui expectantly.

  "Hello, Shisui," Obito said, his voice calm.

  His calmness made him even more nervous. "Hello, Obito-San," Shisui said as Obito gestured for him to have a seat. Shisui took a seat before he inhaled deeply and said with as steady a voice as he can manage, "I have come to ask for your permission for Rin's hand in marriage."

   The world was still. Crickets chirped.

  Obito's expression was unreadable.

  Shisui stopped breathing, his lungs suffering from lack of air.

  "Would you mind repeating that? I don't think I've heard you correctly."

  Shit.

  But Shisui Uchiha straightened, his eyes trained on Obito's one eye. Kakashi was watching through his fingers. Shisui knew the respectful gesture he needed, and so, dropped to his knees and bowed his head respectfully. "I love Rin with all of my heart, Obito-San. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to marry her earlier, but you made it clear that we should both take more time to think about our relationship before progressing further. Well, I have exhausted every single possibility and I will not consent to wait longer. I am asking for your permission to marry Rin and I sincerely hope that you can give us your blessing."