26.

Rin entered the training field earlier than usual but not before she saw a familiar face accompanied with shocking pink hair. She blinked, trying to register what she was seeing. Sakura was conducting one armed push ups, sweat bleeding out of her skin as she grit her teeth, grinding them so hard that Rin could almost hear it. "S-Sakura?" Rin raised one eyebrow, "training doesn't start until the next hour—"

"I know, Rin sensei!" Sakura forced out as her muscles ripples underneath her sweat, "but I won't allow myself to be left behind Naruto and Sasuke!"

Rin stared at her for a moment, those green eyes now glistening in determination, all traces of the blushing girl gone. A corner of her lips twitched. "Well, then—" Rin walked over and sat on top of the girl's back, "I suppose I'll have to push you harder then—"

Sakura trembled underneath the extra weight but she refused to give up as she only gritted her teeth and continued. Rin remembered this was exactly what Tsunade sama had done. She had just sat on top of Rin's back while she was doing push ups and drank tea while reading the newspaper. When the hundred on each arm was done, Sakura rolled onto her back, still gasping from the exercise. That was when Naruto and Sasuke entered, the two looking curiously at Sakura and her sweat drenched appearance.

Rin knew she was pushing them hard, but ever since the Edo Tensei incident, she had been feeling constant paranoia. Ninjutsu has to be learned until it was available at several hand seals and genjutsu had to be continually poured onto them for them to recognize and release it. As for Taijutsu, it was a required skill. Naruto and Sasuke showed the most rivalry towards each other and Rin couldn't help but feel a bit of pity for Sakura, who was being pushed away from the both of them. But the girl didn't even seem to care. Something had changed about her the second she had returned to Konoha.

When the training session ended, Rin gave them permission to leave as they all hobbled out of the training field, more dead than alive.

Naruto's stomach grumbled, as did Sasuke and Sakura's. "I need ramen, dattebayo—" Naruto groaned as the other two didn't even care as long as they had some food inside of their bellies. They went to Ichiraku's and were greeted joyously as all of them dug into the ramen. Even Sasuke didn't complain, too caught up in the satisfaction of eating glorious food. Though he probably wouldn't have minded having a few tomatoes.

That was when they felt a presence behind them. Sasuke was quick to notice the bakery owner, Keiko, he believed she was called. "Ma—" she clapped her hands together, her eyes twinkling, "if it isn't my kawaii genin—"

An irk mark appeared on Sasuke's face as he replied sullenly, "We're not kawaii—we're full fledged shinobi."

Keiko snorted, "Okay, macho man. Whatever you say." She took a seat beside Naruto as a mischievous grin crossed her face. "Say..." she tapped her hand on the counter, "anything funny going around with your sensei?"

"What do you mean?" Sakura put down her chopsticks, worry crossing her face.

Keiko smirked, "I'm so disappointed—" she clicked her tongue, "I'd have expected you to be more skilled in detecting emotions if you're such talented shinobi—"

"What are you talking about, dattebayo?" Naruto asked loudly as Keiko's smirk turned into something more serious.

"Rin Uchiha is strong, there is no doubt about it," she said, "but considering her age, she is, in my opinion, too young for some things in this world. I know her like the back of my hand and there are a lot of things she went through—some more worse than others and I don't need anyone to break her more than she has already been broken. Since I'm no shinobi like you three and I can't be around her twenty four hours a day, I wanted to request that you guys keep an eye out on your sensei for me."