28.

Rin woke up feeling very happy. Humming, she dressed quickly and brushed her long green hair before skipping down the stairs. She felt that nothing could go wrong today. The memory of Shisui kissing her forehead made her smile like a total idiot, but she couldn't stop it. She blushed when she remembered the feeling of his lips pressing against her skin and that heart throbbing smile he showed her.

  "Good morning, tou-san--I, AHHH!" She jumped backwards when she saw Sasori, Hidan, and Deidara all seated on three leather chairs that they probably stole somewhere. They all glared at her when she came in, as she looked sideways to see Kakashi and Obito nowhere in sight. "W..what are you doing here?" she stammered, "I thought you were in Amegakure."

  "Well you see--" they all crossed their legs in scary sync as Sasori stood up, somehow intimidating despite his short stature, "we were....before we got a curious letter saying that you had an attraction to a member of the opposite gender..."

  "--so naturally we came here, un--" Deidara glared, his hand filled with explosive clay.

"--and found you fucking blushing and going all over this dipshit--" Hidan growled.

  "I wasn't going all over him!" Rin shot back indignantly, "I didn't even kiss him or anything!"

  Sasori laughed dryly. "Oh, stop pretending to be so innocent, Rin-- we saw him kissing your forehead...."

  "--when he should not be even allowed to touch you--" Deidara finished.

  "Why the hell are you all talking like that?" Rin demanded, "did you rehearse this or something?"

  The three members gave each other subtle looks. "Of fucking course not--" Hidan said, but it wasn't very convincing.

  "What I can't believe--" Sasori glared, "was that you thought you could avoid us by shunshinning away."

  "That was Shisui's idea for the record."

   "See!" Hidan pointed, "that makes him even more of an asshole and more of a reason why you should stay the fuck away!"

  "I see-" Rin said, "I can see your point now. So, Shisui is an asshole for trying to let me have a normal date without you stalking us so that we couldn't have a good time. And Shisui was also an asshole for politely kissing me on the forehead without any vulgar contact whatsoever."

  "Exactly--" Hidan nodded, not getting the sarcasm. His expression stayed triumphant before his eyes narrowed. "Hold-fucking on--was that sarcasm?"

  Rin just gave him a flat stare.

  "He corrupted you!" Hidan all but shrieked, "I knew he was an evil bastard!"

  "Yeah, yeah-- he's the real devil," Rin said boredly, "now I have to go and train my genin. Have fun watching an empty house."

Deidara threw his explosive clay at the door as Rin stopped and turned to him. "Oh no-- you're staying right here, un!" he crossed his arms, "if not, I will explode this entire village, un!"

  "Are you crazy?" Rin demanded before she thought for a moment then added, "what am I saying, forget I even said that."

  "Have a seat, Rin--" Sasori pointed to the stool before them.

  "I don't want to--"

  "Perhaps you misunderstood us--" Hidan said, before his eyes darkened with each word, "have...a...fucking.....seat--"

  Rin sighed, reluctantly sitting on the stool before they could blow up the house.

  "We've been lenient with you for far too long," Sasori said grimly, "it's time we have it. You leave us with no options."