Life Full of Books

“Lottie guess what! Lottie Lottie guess what happened!” ---“Shhh boy, you are in a library.”

Jack, a boy known for his childlike attitude and charming good looks was being annoyed by the school librarian. Ladies and Gentlemen I think this is a new record.

Jack apologized to Mrs. Husten and quietly but quickly, ran to my side.

“Why do you always spend your time here Lottie? Mrs. Lander has not assigned us our books yet for the project. Aren’t you supposed to be home by now anyway?” Jack asked as he sat down next to me and my big pile of books. I gave a small laugh.

“I don’t care what my mom thinks. I am sure she can live without me for a few more hours. I just have to find out what happens to Thomas in this stupid maze.” I replied annoyingly as I flipped the page of my new favorite book. Jack sighed.

“What’s the name of this book? Mortal Instruments…”

“No silly! I finished that book series ages ago. Now I am on Maze Runner. I hate the main character… And the girl in the book for that matter. He is to annoying all the time and Theresa is the ‘Oh I am so amazing at attacking people’ type of person. Hate those types of people.” Jack laughed.

“Hmm that reminds me of your mom.” I rolled my eyes.

“My mother is one of those annoying mothers who want their children to be just like themselves. I can bet money on the fact that she would rather have two strong boys instead of a girl who is a book worm and quiet and a small puny excuse for a boy who tattles on everyone.” I stated. Mrs. Husten walked by and gave us both dirty looks making Jack gulp.

“You know what. I think I will go ahead and tell you what I came here for another time. That Librarian hates me, I could already tell.” Jack remarked and stood up to leave.

“Wait! I will come with you. I could just read the rest of this at home anyway.” I replied and then I quickly packed the rest of the books into my backpack and walked out of the library with Jack.

Once we were walking past the school, Jack finally started to talk.

“I asked Bella out today.” Jack started making me look up half surprised, half upset.

“Oh really? What did she say?” I asked acting curious. He smiled.

“She said yes. We are going to hang out after school tomorrow so I hope you don’t mind walking home by yourself.” He replied. I nodded as we entered the neighborhood.

“Isn’t this the eighth girl you have asked out since freshmen year?” I asked slightly curious. He grinned.

“Whose counting these days? All I know is that tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun.” He replied with a laugh. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever Jack. As long as you clean yourself up then I see no problem with it.” I replied as we crossed Mildren Street. Jack chuckled.

“Oh and so now I have to ask if you are ok with it? You’re not my mom you know.” Jack responded as he gave me a blank stare. I held my breath for a moment but then he laughed it off.

“ Oh I’m just joking with you Lottie. But I don’t like the idea of looking all fancy. Girls don’t really care about all of that.” He replied. I gave a small laugh

“Oh and you would know Jack?” I asked and he grinned.

“I’ve dated enough to know.” He replied. I shook my head.

“Well, see you this weekend I guess for the fair!” I stated as we stopped at my house.

“That is of course, if you don’t disappear like all the other boys these days.” I added. Jack snorted.