My Mother's History

*Thump* Draw back.

*Thump* To far this time.

*Thump* Aim higher.

*Thump* Better. Closer to the target this time.

*Thump* Perfect shot.

I walked over to the tree where I carved a target board and I started grabbing the arrows that I shot. I was happy to see that I have improved after each shot so far. That's good I guess.

I walked back to my stance in front of the tree and took out one of the arrows from my pack on my shoulder.

*Thump* Another perfect shot. I smiled a little as I saw it on the board.

The next four shots were perfect shots as well.

"I thought you could not shoot Lottie." A voice said from behind me once the last arrow flew. I sighed knowing the voice and decided to ignore him. I walked up to the board to get my arrows when he spoke again.

"Lottie I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so mean to you." I turned around to see Jack standing there with a sad look on his face. I was expecting to feel a sad warm feeling that I normally feel when I see Jack upset but again I was surprised to feel my insides harden. I did not trust him anymore.

"Lottie please forgive me." He said sadly. Without noticing my actions I started to walk toward him silently and stopped right in front of him.

*SLAP* I then turned around to get the rest of my arrows from the target.

"I deserved that." He continued. I looked back surprised.

"Oh so are you finally understanding what you did to me Jack?" I asked with sarcasm. He looked down at his hands that I noticed where all dirty and had scraps and cuts all over them.

" I thought I was doing the right thing Lottie. I thought that if Pan knew you were a girl that then it would be easier for you to move around here." I felt beating hot energy wash all over me as I heard him.

"Help me? Do you want to know what you did to me you jerk!" I said harshly. He kept his head down and did not look up at me.

"I can't go home. Peter won't let me. And not just that. Now I have to spy on this family and be completely excluded from the lost boy group. Do you realize why he did that? Tell me. How many of the lost boys actually know now that I am a girl?"

"Only Felix, Pan and I" He replied. I shook my head.

"See how that Peter played his trick? He placed me somewhere that none of the other lost boys will ever find me and see who I really am. I bet Peter does not want any of you to be here which makes this meeting surprising."

"Lottie I can come back and see you. I miss my friend." He replied a little hopeful in his voice as he looked up back at me.