To Be a Lost Boy

*Lotties POV* (guys lets face it. Unless I say other wise, then it will always be Lotties POV)

 I turned around and noticed boys starting to take off their masks and my stress level sky rocketed. They can’t notice that I am a girl. I would be the only girl and it would be so awkward on so many levels, and not to mention that this guy called us lost boys not lost girls.

I looked around myself trying to find something to hide my face from and I almost gave up until I placed my hands in my pocket and I felt something soft in my hands. I pulled it out and I saw that I was holding a thin scarf. Thank goodness I was leaving Maryland at the one time of year where everyone brought scarfs and jackets where ever they went.

I turned around so that I did not face anyone and took my mask off and tied the black scarf around my nose and mouth so that all you could see is my eyes. I had just finished tying it when I felt someone turn me around and I found myself face to face with the head boy.

Up close I noticed that he was taller than me. His eyes were bluish green and his hair was light brunette. For someone who had been staring dreamily at Jack for over four years, this guy was a nice refresher.

“Why do you have that tied around your face?” He asked as he stared down me. It took me a moment to respond but when I did, I said it quietly.

“I get cold easier than most.” I muttered. Thankfully the boy heard me and shrugged as if he did not care.

“What is your name then boy?” He asked as he stared down at me.

“Damn..” I cursed in a whisper as my brain went blank.

“Your name is damn?” He asked surprised.

“Uh no, its Sam. My name is Sam.” I replied quickly. The boy nodded in approval and was turning around but I stopped him.

“What is your name?” I asked a little louder. The boy looked at me again surprised. Damn it why did I have to speak?

“My name?” He asked as he motioned to himself. I nodded. He chuckled.

“My name is Peter.. Peter Pan. You should know that all ready. You are a lost boy!” He continued in disbelief. I shrugged.

‘Sorry I thought in the beginning that this was some sort of cult.” I replied. Again I wished I did not speak.

“Cult? I would not go that far as to call us a cult.” He replied with a

smirk. I nodded and he turned away from me.

I finally found Jack off to the side of the group of boys. Most of the boys started running around the woods while others just talked to each other. The older lost boys sat down by the trees and looked a little bored at the new arrivals. I guess this has happened before if they show no interest. I thought. I walked over to Jack who stood by one of the trees with a knife that he had just found on one of the trees targets.

“Jack its Lottie” I whispered so that only he could hear me. I felt him freeze and turned to look at me.

“What the Hell are you doing her Lottie? Peter Pan only wanted boys. How could you even hear the music in the first place?” He asked in a rush. I stood there for a moment stunned.

“I don’t think that pipe can just be heard by boys but also by girls because I did hear it Jack. The only reason why I came here was to bring you back home.” I replied. I heard Jack give a short laugh.

“I am not going back. You have got to be kidding me Lottie. I wanted to leave and when I heard the music calling me… You should not be here Lottie. Maybe we should tell Peter and then he can bring you back.”