Lost Girl

**Lottie POV**

"His name is Henry. Supposedly he is here to save magic. Save Neverland." Jack stated as both he and I sat guard by the entrance of the dark forest.

"Save Magic? Why would magic need saving? Especially by a little boy." I asked. Jack shrugged.

"I don't know and I really don't care. All I know is that those people who landed on the beach a few hours ago will never get a hold of Henry again. Pan never fails." Jack finished. I rolled my eyes.

Ever since I got here the boys have always been cheering PAN NEVER FAILS which made no sense to me. The fact that Jack was saying it now just confirmed the fact that he was closer to becoming a lost boy then I had hoped. Actually all the new lost boys have. Everyone except me.

Jack stood up and walked to one of the sides to check the shadows distance.

"Jack I hate when you say that phrase. You sound like one of those boys and plus it makes no sense. How can someone never fail? They must have failed one time or another in order to learn from someone’s mistakes." I started. Jack chuckled.

"Lottie things are different here. Can't you feel it all around you? It's magic and that boy can save it. If I have to believe that Peter Pan can make sure that the boy saves it then I am willing to say whatever is necessary." I shook my head in disappointment.

"Jack why do you care about all this magic? Why do you care about this Peter Pan? Can't we just go home?" I begged. Jack turned around. His face had changed from his happy stare to his annoyed stare.

"Lottie how many times must I tell you? I will never go home. This is my home. Not down there with all those grownups. I'm amazed that you don't feel the same. You are free of your mother and father. You no longer have to worry about pleasing your worthless brother. There is no more school here. It's all fun and games and that is how I want to live my life." Jack replied. I looked down at my hands.

Yes it was true that my family was never the best for me, but that never meant I did not love them. For the first time when I looked up at Jack, I saw how much different he has become since we got here. And the worst part was that we had only been here for three days.

He no longer had that British charm to him that he used to have when his family moved back to Maryland after the UK. He no longer was all smiles and pleasant to be around. He had gone wild. He no longer looked kept and his eyes showed how wild he had become. Just by having his bow and arrow hung behind him showed me that he no longer cared about people. Henry was a perfect example.

"So you are saying that you like this change. You like being wild like the lot of them." I resolved. Jack nodded. I stood up and faced him. Even though he was taller than me, I felt more in control then before.

"Well I must say that I am amazed at how fast you have changed. I can barely recognize you." I stated. Jacks face softened.

"What do you mean Lottie? I've been good here. I've made us both become welcomed and safe on this island. I have not changed one bit yet." Jack replied. He walked closer to me and he looked generally worried about what I had to say.