My Mistake

**Jack POV** 

A few Days Before

Her eyes had gone dark and had a gleam to them that I did not notice before. Something was wrong with her again. The only difference was that her eyes were not changing bright colors, they just went dark. Also she happened to be loading her bow as she continued to stare frozen at the group. Or was it the group?

I followed her gaze and saw her looking at a girl of about the same age as myself. She was staring back at Lottie shaking her head and whispering something to her. They knew each other. I walked closer to the group all the while I continued to look between the dark haired girl and Lottie.

Lottie did not seem to notice me as I walked closer to the group, or really closer to Lottie’s target. Lottie smiled a dark smile as she loaded her bow giving herself a haunting look. Something I had never seen her like before. That's when it clicked in my head. I turned my head so that I was looking up the hill where the rest of the lost boys stood all aiming for the group. And Pan. Pan stared down with a dark smirk. He was watching Lottie and by the way he was acting, he was pleased at what her motives were.

Pan was controlling her and Lottie was helpless to it. It was the only real explanation to the situation. Especially since only a short while ago Lottie seemed to want to strangle Pan instead of the dark haired girl. That was all it took to make up my mind. And good timing too for once the idea came everyone started to attack and I ran head first at the girl who didn't seem to move when everyone else did.

I heard the sound of an arrow go past me but thankfully it did not hit me. The girl must have fainted or gotten knocked out from impact because she just laid there on the ground. Since we were at the bottom of the hill, she was protected by the rocks and dirt. I stood up and looked up at a now puzzled Lottie. When she saw my face she flushed red as if embarrassed and I just shook my head and ran away from her.

If that was no wakeup call then I don't know what would. I followed Matt and Tyler climbing the hill for a better aim and as I ran I unhitched my bow and arrow and loaded it. When we reached the top we both had a perfect view of the Save Henry group who were now trapped but still continued to fight.

"Start aiming for the parents." Tyler ordered. Both Matt and I nodded and we both fixed our aim on the pair who both were together. Matt released his arrow and the woman deflected it. She turned toward us, aiming for us both with her bow and arrow but then was quickly forced to the side by her husband. That’s when we saw it. Someone had caught up to us and had done the job before we could.

"David!" She shouted in horror. He placed his hand at his side that was ripped from the arrow but then smiled. He thinks he didn't get hit. He did.

"It was the girl." Matt informed us aloud as he lowered his bow. I looked at him surprised.

"Lottie?" He nodded. I saw her do it. I turned back around to face the group and saw Emma running up the hill toward the lost boys shooting us. As she ran up she pushed boys out of the way including Lottie who after she fell, did not get up.