Just Like Chuck

It is one thing to be in a fairytale island and to find out that the character in question is evil. It’s a completely different feeling however when you stand in front of one of a girls most fantasized magical creatures of all time.

I had read a lot about mermaids when I was younger and I had always wished to either meet one when I was little or be one. Now that I stood right in front of a group of them I felt the familiar little girl excitement swarming around inside me. That is of course until the three mermaids smiled at me. That snapped me awake. Instead of having the normal smile, all three mermaids had sharp pointy teeth that were sharp enough to rip through anything. Not a welcoming thought.

“Oh Peter! I didn’t know you were going to replace us!” One of the mermaids whined as she looked at me. The other girls nodded in agreement as they watched me. Were these mermaids actually judging me right off the bat? I guess mean girls at school and mermaids have a lot in common after all.

“Don’t worry girls, she is only a friend. She is actually the girl of the day. You’ve heard of what happened to Jill and Charming right?” Peter asked as he sat down on the sand. The three mermaids slowly started to drift toward the shore as he spoke, obviously very interested in the news.

“Obviously Peter! What do you think we do all day? Brush our hair and fin 24/7? Well actually we do, but we also know quite a lot about what is going on this island.” The red head replied. Peter pointed toward me.

“Well she was the special lost girl who did it.” He replied. The three mermaids looked up at me surprised.

“Well aren’t you special. You know, I never liked that pirate girl Jill. Too much of a tom boy. Never wore anything pretty on deck.” The blond mermaid commented.

“She once attacked Meri and I when we went after some pearls down at core rock. I still have that mark even though it happened over a century ago.” The brunette added. I looked up at the brunette mermaid surprised.

“Over a century ago? How old are you guys?” I asked slightly shocked. The blond started counting on her fingers while the red head started muttering to herself.

“Serria is about three or four centuries older then Jewel. I’m the oldest. I’m going to be over 7 centuries by the end of this decade or wait is it 8 centuries… hmm I forget sometimes.” The brunette replied, muttering at the end.

“As you can tell from what Meri is saying, they are older than most people Lottie.” Peter commented. The brunette mermaid, Meri stopped thinking and nodded with a smile on her face.

“Anyway girls, the reason why I wanted to talk to you all is to help me with something.” Peter continued. The girls, who had been slowly drifting closer to Peter jumped up in the sand so that only their tails where in the water.

“Oh do tell us Peter!” Jewel, the blond mermaid begged excitedly. Peter smiled. He obviously liked the attention of these mermaids.

“Do you recognize her at all?” He asked nodding toward me. I looked at him confused and the three girls looked at each other confused as well.

“What do you mean recognize her?” Serria asked, giving Peter a curious look.

“I mean does she remind you of anyone you have seen here before.” He corrected himself. This time the mermaids all nodded, even Meri, even though she was a little more hesitant to answer.

“She looks like Alex.” Serria replied. I felt my heart skip a beat at the mentioning of my mom. I looked up at Peter and sighed.

“Again I hear about this girl Alex. Either tell me who she is or don’t mention her again.” I stated irritated. Peter smirked and looked back at the girls.