Traitor

“So what do you have in mind Tink?” Jill asked as she walked around the tiny tree house. Tink and I sat on the floor looking at each other while at the same time trying to figure out what to do.

“Well Lottie has to learn how to control her magic. That’s step number one. It’s is just how to use it against Pan that has me troubled.” She replied.

“Isn’t it simple? Once the girl has her magic then she can go and attack Peter Pan and take control of this island. Once that happens then my group can save the boy Henry.” Jill replied. I sighed and shook my head.

“What’s your problem? Have cold feet all of a sudden Lottie?” She asked as she turned toward me. I glared at her.

“It won’t work. He is too strong.” I replied. Jill looked like she was about to respond but then Tink cut her off.

“I wont act like that is not true at present Lottie, but it may not be true for that much longer.” I looked at Tink surprised.

“What you mean I will grow stronger?” I asked. She nodded.

“There are not that many people in this world who can hold so much magic in them that it can cause their own eyes to change color. And it is not something you are born with either. Someone gave you this gift and I would like to know who gave this to you.” She replied. Jill chuckled and grabbed one of the small boxes on the nearest table and started to toss it around in her hands. I looked down at my hands, lost in thought.

“Lottie this may seem like a lot to think about but do you have any memory of you acting strange when you were young or do you remember your family trying to run away from something when you were younger?” She asked. I looked up at her and nodded silently. I knew exactly what she was asking.

My melt down.

“I had a meltdown when I was young. Ever since then I would get these rushes of either anger or energy that would pretty much control me. However I am lucky enough to say that it has only happened when I was around my family or friends and they never said my eyes glowed…”

“Not even your friend?” Jill asked from corner. I looked up at her confused.

“That cute boy you were talking too had thought you were cursed by Peter Pan when he saw those eyes of yours shine. I’m sure you had just had a rush on energy right?” She asked. I sighed and nodded.

“Lottie I may not know how to control that type of magic that well since I only used pixie dust however I can say that whenever you feel those rushes of energy, you should try to practice and see if you could get anything from it.” Tink spoke up.

“Or she could go talk to Rumpelstiltskin. He is here on this island as we speak.” Jill added. Both Tink and I looked at her surprised.

“Why is Rumpelstiltskin on the island?” I asked.

“Rumpelstiltskin is on this island?!” Tink asked half surprised half annoyed. Jill just nodded as if it was no big deal. Tink stood up quickly and walked to the window quickly and looked out.

“ Lottie I want you to leave but first I want Jill to go out so that When Pan sees her and then you he might possibly think you were following her.” Tink stated quickly as she looked back at us. Jill looked at her for a moment then nodded and started down the tree house. I stood up but then felt my necklace and an idea struck me.

“Hey Tink. If you say this necklace can hide me, then wouldn’t that mean he can’t sense me? Wouldn’t that get him confused?” I asked. The truth hit Tink like a wave and with quick movement she snatched the necklace from my neck and placed it in the box that Jill played with moments before. I looked at her confused and she sighed.