A Change in Attitude

“How is that possible?” Jill replied confused. I sighed.

“Lets just say that Peter Pan refuses to bring me back home so that I can stay with my family and that now if I don’t do something for that boy then I will be acting just like Pan.” I replied.

“So how are you going to do it then?” I shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just made up my mind to help Henry. Do you really think I have a plan stuck in my head now?” I asked her in response. She shifted in her spot and I saw a smile come on her face.

“If Pan had let you go home would you still try to save Henry?” She asked quietly. I looked up at her and saw that the smile was still on her face. I turned my head to the side confused.

“I would feel bad for the boy. But I would not be that much help for him in getting him home.” I replied.

“Then what makes you think you can save Henry now?” I glared back at her and under my breath I said “Lost girl you dumb little..” “See that’s it!” Jill exclaimed happily as she cut me off.

“What? ”I asked confused. Jill rolled her eyes.

“Do the same thing that you do with me toward Pan.” She replied. Instead of getting out of my confusion I think I gained more questions in my head from her response. Jill must have sensed it because she chuckled.

“Do you know I can read people?” She informed me. I shook my head slowly. Jill sat up so that she could see me better and crossed her arms.

“Well I can, and I have already read you in and out. You have two personalities mixed together. Normally people who pull that off are pirates or trouble makers who try and act sweet when they really are the biggest tricksters of the universe. On the outside you pull off a pretty good form of good girl who is scared of everything and is always afraid of what other people think of you. You blush a lot don’t you?” She asked. I nodded slowly. Jill smiled.

“Well that is only the outside shell that you have. My guess is that it is a protection system in you that hides your real abilities underneath.” I gave a small laugh.

“There is nothing that I am hiding Jill. I don’t even know why we are talking about me when we should be talking about Henry and cracking Peter Pan.” I replied. Jill put her hand on my mouth.

“You talk too much.” She said simply. I glared at her making Jill laugh.

“Listen lost girl..” “It’s Lottie.” I replied shortly.

“Yeah whatever. I’m trying to say that you have a pretty hardcore attitude underneath all that good girl stuff. I don’t know how you got such a harsh shell over it but you do. I recommend that you use it against Pan. If you do then he might get sloppy with his work and slip helping the save henry team find Henry. Got it?” Jill finished. I nodded but then looked up at her confused.

“How would you know all about this?” Jill shrugged.

“I was on Hooks ship for a long time. We have had a lot of battles with Pan before. I know a little bit about how he works. So do as I say and in the mean time do everything Pan says understood?” She asked. I was about to respond when she made me go quiet.

“Get over it yourself. I have no time to listen to you anymore. Just do as I say so that I can get Henry back to his family. You don’t even need to talk to Henry alright? Next time I see you I will act like we have not met on good terms so you better prepare yourself lost girl.” She hissed and then without another word she ran off back into the woods.

What is wrong with that girl? She acts as if she runs this place and everyone knows that Pan is the real drama queen of this island. I slowly climbed out of the rock and ran back to the bushes where I dropped my bow and arrows. I had just picked them up when I heard Jill walk into camp telling them all about a lost girl that ran past her in the shadows but she scared her away so all is well. I felt something boil inside me as she said that even though I know it was fake.