Hit and Miss

I was back at Pans camp. I guess all the lost boys had a hard time believing I was ever a lost girl beforehand which in some ways feels like a complement. However it did not last long. We were all preparing for the arrival of the group.

The boy Henry was completely oblivious to what was going on. All he did was sit off to the side and played with a stick in the mud while all the lost boys and I started sharpening our knives, dipping our arrows in Dreamshade and eating our fill.

Peter stood in the shadows watching us all and every so often would walk over to the boy Henry to speak to him I guess. I was left to fend to myself with the group of idiotic lost boys. Truth be told, I kind of wish they still believed I was a lost boy so I would not have to be continuously watching my back for idiot lost boys hanging around near me for no good reason. Only one person seemed to have the right mind around me and that was Jack.

He was one of the few who did not look shocked to see Pan walking in with a lost girl in one hand. While all the other lost boys were watching and asking questions as to why the hell I tried to hide my gender and what they should do with me, Jack asked if I was feeling alright and if I was up to what was about to happen.

I could still have a solid shell around my thoughts on Jack but these moments when I see him acting like his normal self, calmed me down from my crazy mind.

"What weapon are you going to be using Lottie?" Jack asked as he started placing some of his arrows now dipped in poison, back into their case. I held up one of my arrows in my hand as an answer which he gave me in return an understanding nod.

"Good. Then I guess you are in for the shooting prize then." He replied.

"What shooting prize?" I asked curiously. Jack gave a small laugh of disbelief.

"Pan says that whoever hits one of the Charming’s gets special treatment after our little meeting. After what has gone down between you and Peter I bet that special treatment sounds pretty nice huh?" He replied winking at me. I stopped dipping one of the arrows and gave Jack a glare. He looked at me confused.

"What?"

"You have got to be kidding me Jack. Do you really think anything like that is happening between Peter and I? You are crazy!" Jack shrugged and continued preparing his arrows.

"I'm not the only one who thinks that around here. That entrance Pan had with you a few minutes ago did give you some fuel for that fire. Also the way you always call him Peter instead of his normal surname Pan. Oh and I might add how he gives you all these important things to do while he makes the rest of us do not much except watch and learn how to fight." He replied. I looked over my shoulder and saw Peter talking to Henry by the tree. When I looked at him his sight flickered upward at me for a moment and smirked.

"I'll be right back." I stated, dropping my arrows by Jacks pile and started walking over to Peter. In the beginning he pretended not notice me coming but when I was close enough to gain the attention of Henry, he had no choice but to look up.

"A lost girl? I thought only Wendy was ever a lost girl. Are there more of you around here?" Henry asked as he looked up at me with surprise. I smiled and walked a little closer to the two of them.