2

~Zacori~

It was Monday and time for school. I didn't feel like dressing up because I wasn't in the mood for it. It feel like something goin' happen today and I want to be prepared if it do. I wore a pair of straight leg Levi jeans, a white Bebe shirt with the words written in black and my Jordan X Retro. I put my hair into a sloppy bun. I put on my silver hoops and some magenta colored lipstick. I picked up my phone and read the text.

Babyboy: Rise and Grind, get that ass up and be on time

me: lmao good morning Harlem. trynna rhyme or nah

Babyboy: i wasn't even tryin' that must mean I got bars, damn I'm just that slick

What nigga you know text your phone sayin "Rise and grind" as a good morning text. Only Harlem. I grabbed my stuff and went to the kitchen to eat since we had a little time.

"You up early?" Tori said being sarcastic.

"Whatever." I got a poptart and began eating it.

"Y'all better get your asses out my house. Miss that bus if you want to." My mother said. Why do she have to bitch this early in the morning.

I got the rest of my poptart and left out with Tori on my side.

"You be texting Harlem?" She asked as we walked down the street.

"Yea. Why?"

"No reason. It's just that he has a girlfriend." I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at her. She turned around and looked at me confused.

"You know I don't care. Plus we don't even do shit. That's my friend." I began walking again.

"Says the girl who argued with him about you not wanting anymore friends."

"Fuck out my face." I said.

"Why you mad at me?" She said with a smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile back. I can't stay mad at her forever. She hugged me and kissed me on my cheek.

"Stop playin' so much." I said laughing.

"I love you too sis." We started walking again and this nice Acura pulled up beside us.

"Y'all want a ride?" We looked and it was Harlem.

"A free ride. Shiiid why not." I opened the front door and got in. Tori got into the back.

"Y'all have gas money right?" Harlem said looking at me.

"We goin' the same place. Stop playing." I said putting my seat belt on. He pulled off.

"Y'all think I'm playing. Gas is high these days." He said laughing.

"I gotchu another time."

We pulled up to the school not that long after. I got out and people were looking at me and whispering. They have nothing else better to do than to be in my business. All three of us were walking side by side and Harlem put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll see you in a lil bit." He said bringing his arm down.

"Cool." I said turning to open my locker. He walked off.

"I think he likes you."

"No he doesn't. We are friends." I said closing my locker. She getting on my nerves.

"He kissed you." She said. We started to walk to class.

"Fucking don't mean shit. So what a lil simple kiss 'spose to mean." I said as we walked inside the class.