10

~Zacori~

"Babygirl come 'er." I heard Harlem yell.

"Hol' up." I yell back.

I put on my black and white jogger pants, a neon green loose fitted crop top shirt and my white converse. I brushed my hair into a sloppy bun. I walked downstairs. Harlem was sitting on the couch talking to three other boys.

"Whats up babyboy." I said sitting on his lap and looking around at the boys.

"These my homeboys. Miles, Grant and Kirk." He said pointing to the boys.

"Hey. My name Zacori, but call me Cori." I smiled.

"How old are you?" I think Miles asked.

"Miles?" He nodded. " I'm 17, why that's a problem?"

"Nah. That's not a problem." He said.

"Soo. What y'all were doing?"

"Why she call you babyboy?" Grant asked.

"We were arguing and I called her babygirl and she called me babyboy."

"He was trynin come fa me. He had an attitude and shit when he didn't even know me." I said laughing thinking about that day.

That was about four weeks ago. Who knew we would be so close. I didn't even know I was going to like him this much let alone be living with him.

"You got smart with him? That's a first." Kirk said with a chuckle.

"I ont bite my tongue fa nobody. You get smart with me I'm gettin smart right back. I don't give a fuck."

"You talk weird ass fuck." Grant said falling back laughing. I don't see how it was that funny. There's no way it was that funny.

"Yo leave her alone Grant. That's how she talk." Harlem said laughing too.

"You real funny Grant. Don't come fa me cause you don't want it." I said folding my arms across my chest.

"Aight. I'm done." He said trying to stop his laughter.

"We got go." Miles said standing up.

"I'll be back later." Harlem said standing up.

"Where y'all got to go? I don't want to be here all day."

"You don't want to come." Kirk said seriously.

"I know what he do. I'm not dumb."

"You want to come?" I nodded. "Come on then."

I grabbed my phone and left out with them. We got into one car and left.

We pulled up to this big warehouse looking place.

"You coming in or you staying out here?" Harlem asked looking at me.

"You sure I can come in? I mean I don't want to die for seeing too much." I said looking around. They laughed but I was dead serious.

"You not goin die. Come on." We got out and Harlem grabbed my hand.

"Don't say shit to none of these niggas. Even if they make a sly ass comment just stay quiet." He said as we approached some steel looking door.

"That's goin be hard but ok."

A big buff looking man came and opened the door. He asked them some question and they answered before he let us in. We walked in and it was people everywhere. They were all doing different things and minding their business. Some boys were holding up guns and I held onto Harlem's hand tighter.

"Relax. They ain't goin do shit." I relaxed a lil but stayed holding his hand.

"What's up Roc." Some guy came and dapped Harlem.

"Whats good. Boss here?"

"You know his ass here. But who this fine ass girl? What you doin here ma?" He said licking his lips at me.

I wanted to say something but I remembered what Harlem told me. I don't want to start no problems. I mentally rolled my eyes and looked him up and down. He not my type.

"Don't worry bout her nigga. She don't want you anyway." The boy backed up.

"My bad homie."

Harlem walked off and I followed him. We went to the back where it lead to a door. I turned around and his homeboys were right behind us.

"You good?" Harlem whispered.

"Yea. I'm straight." I said giving him a smile. He smiled back and knocked on the door.

The door opened and we walked into this room. We walked over to the desk and the man looked up.

"What the fuck!" I basically yelled.