39

~Zacori~

"You ready Zaire." I said fixing his tie.

"I'm ready." He smiled.

"You look so handsome." Tori said behind me.

"Thank you." He said.

"Lets-" I covered my mouth and ran to the toilet throwing up everything I ate this morning.

"You ok?"

"Yea. Just give me a minute." She left out and closed the door.

I brushed my teeth and got the pregnancy test from the cabinet I been meaning to take. Ten minutes later I read the results. I sighed. It was positive. I threw it away, washed my hands and walked out.

"Lets go before we be late." Tori looked at me like she wanted to say something but held it in.

Forty-five minutes later we made it to the place they're getting married at. It was real nice.

"I'll meet you inside." I told Tori.

"Ok. Lets go Ka'Tora." They walked in the place.

I grabbed Zaire's hand and walked towards where Harlem should be getting dressed.

"You excited?" I asked Zaire.

"I guess." He shrugged his shoulders. "I want mommy and daddy to be together. I don't want two mommy's." I stopped and looked at him.

"You don't have two mommy's. I will always be your mother. You don't have to call Ms. Sade mommy if you don't want to." I told him. No one will ever take my place as the mother of Zaire Jones.

"Ok."

"You don't have to like her ass either." I mumbled. He laughed.

"Mommy be nice."

"I am nice. What you mean." He just laughed at me.

I knocked on the door and Harlem opened it wearing his suite. He looked nice.

"I'm glad you came."

"Yea I guess." I frowned.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and looked away blinking to try and stop the tears from falling.

"Tell me Cori and don't lie." He stepped aside and I walked in. Zaire walked over to the couch and sat down. Harlem shut the door and faced me.

"I don't want to ruin your day." I told him.

"Zacori just-"

"I'm pregnant." I whispered cutting him off. He just looked at me for a minute. I studied his face and he wasn't showing no expression.

"I'm getting married. I don't know what to tell you." He said shaking his head.

"Go get married then Harlem." I told him. "I love you baby." I told Zaire and blew him a kiss.

"I love you too mama." He said. I turned and left. I walked inside where everyone was sitting and sat next to Tori.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine." I lied.

I sat back watching the service go on. I don't know what I'm going to do. I just want to cry but I won't. I can't bring myself too.

~Harlem~

I stood there as the preacher person talked. I couldn't even tell you what he was saying because I wasn't paying attention.

Sade started saying her vows and what she was saying was going in one ear and out the other. I couldn't bring myself to listen to what she had to say. I looked out at everyone and my eyes met Zacori's. We stared at each other for a minute. A tear ran down her face and she gave me a slight smile. She looked away from me and stared off in the distance. I looked at my son who was standing next to me. It look like he don't want to be here. He look like he just don't give a damn about what's going on.

Am I making the right decision?

Do I really want to marry Sade.

Am I really happy?

Is this where I want to be for the rest of my life.

All these thoughts were going through my head. I couldn't even think. It was too late to think. Here I was about to get married and I have a baby on the way from another woman.

"Mr. Jones?" I looked at the preacher and down at Sade's hand that was holding mine.

"You ok?" She whispered.

"Mr. Jones your turn to state your vows." The man said.

I looked out at the crowd who was watching me very intently. I looked at Zacori and she whispered I can't do this to Tori while shaking her head. She got up and made her way pass the people.

"I- I." I swallowed and looked at Sade who was smiling at me.