Skates

We walked over to the skate stand and got some skates, me paying for it all. The guy looked surprised at how many of us there were, but got the skates none-the-less. We walked over to the skating arena and in record time Sky and I had our skates on. Alexander, Hercules, and James struggled with them, so Sky went to work on teaching them how the buckles and strings work. Washington watched from behind and soon enough he understood how to do it and put his own on. Thomas still couldn't put his on so he was getting mad.

"These motherf-"

"THOMAS!" I shouted. He looked up.

"My.... Thing isn't cooperating," he said, showing me the skate that was on his foot, but had laces and buckles everywhere.

"I got it," Sky laughed, skating over and getting on her knees. She untangled the laces and buckled the buckles to his liking. Thomas was embarrassed that he couldn't do such a simple task himself, especially when Sky looked up from what she was doing to talk to Lafayette while still fixing his skates. "Is that good?" She asked.

"Yes, thank you," he replied.

"Woah, Jefferson said 'thank you'? Surprising!" Alexander cried. Jefferson glared at him. "I bet you can't skate."

"I bet you can't either," Jefferson snapped back.

"I bet I can!" Alexander yelled, standing up but almost immediately sliding. "Shit- See! I'm standing!" His legs were a little wobbily but he could stand.

Jefferson stood up as well, but his legs were way too wobbily and he almost immediately fell, but caught himself on the rail. He put his hands out and Sky started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Y-you look like a baby giraffe!" she giggled. Thomas immediately turned bright red and glared at her. Baby Jack started laughing from Washington's embrace when he saw Thomas. "Embrace the giraffe- hey, can that be your nickname? Giraffe?"

"Yeah, I like that," John laughed. "Jefferson the giraffe!"

Washington stood up with grace and skated over to Sky, impressing everyone.

"How the hell-"

"I watched how Sky skated and tried it for myself. It's simple enough," he chuckled, still holding Jack. The little boy was clutching Washington's neck and laughing at how fun it was when George would skate. It was honestly super cute.

"Just rub it in..." Hercules said as he tried repeatedly to stand up. The king tried to stand up and immediately fell, getting a lot of laughs. I helped Aaron up and he wrapped and arm around me, keeping himself up. I chuckled and put my arm around his waist, helping him stand. He had a small smile on his face, since he found it funny how no one could stand on their own anymore. He looked insanely handsome.

"Hey, Sky!" Yelled a voice. Sky turned around and Jefferson put his hands on her shoulders, keeping himself up.

"Ben!" she laughed. He smiled and skated over, looking at all the struggling men. "How've you been?"

"Eh. Okay, I guess. Stupid school," he said.

"Yeah. That's true. Why did they give us three projects due on the same day?" Sky asked.

"I don't know."

"This you're boyfriend, Sky?" John asked teasingly.

"N-no!" She cried, turning red. Ben also turned a bright red and rubbed his neck.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out... Play some games? Laser tag?" Ben asked nervously.

"Sure. Can I go, AJ?" Sky asked.