Laser Tag and Go Karts

AJ's POV

The boys and I had finally finished skating and we were taking off our skates when Sky tripped and fell onto Samuel. The man shrieked and pushed her off in surprise, causing her to hit the ground hard.

"Ow...."

"I told you it was a bad idea to run!" Ben yelled, helping Sky up. She sighed and rubbed her head. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"He should kiss it better!!" James shouted. Both preteens went bright red before noticing how close they were and stepping away.

"James," I laughed, smacking his arm. He chuckled. "That was mean."

"Uh... We were just wondering if y'all wanted to play laser tag," Ben offered.

"Sounds fun!" I smiled.

"I don't know what that is," Washington admitted. Everyone else nodded along.

"We'll show ya. Come on," I said. Everyone put on their tennis shoes and returned their skates so we could use them later. Sky and Ben were talking about God knows what and I saw every one of the boys either shipping them or wanting Ben to step away. James, John, KG and Samuel were gushing at how cute of a couple Sky and Ben would be, while Aaron, Alexander, Jefferson, Hercules, Washington, and Lafayette were eyeing the boy with a certain hatred only big brothers could have. There were mutters of 'I don't trust him's and 'He needs to bippoty boppity back the fuck away from Sky' from that crowd, especially Aaron and Jefferson. They were not okay with Sky being so close to Ben.

We got to the laser tag area and signed in, having no wait for a new game. We immediately got to go into the waiting room to watch the video on how to play. Sky and Ben were chatting quietly behind us while the boys watched intently, trying their best to learn how to play.

When we got into the team arena, Sky ran to red and Ben ran to blue. We all dispersed on our teams, which was red: Sky, me, Aaron, Alexander, John, and Washington; blue: Ben, Jefferson, James, Lafayette, Hercules, KG, and Samuel. Jack was left with Ben's mom, since we go way back, so that wasn't a problem.

When we got into the arena, we waited for the countdown. Sky took off with the skill and experience of a true laser tag player, while everyone else walked around slowly. We heard Jefferson scream like a little girl and Sky yell: "GOT THOMAS!"

Then Sky was darting back to the board with Ben chasing her screaming. "SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!" Alexander shot the red haired boy and he took off, going back to his base to recharge. Sky caught her breath and ran off to play again with Alexander and John behind her. Aaron, Washington and I walked onto the second floor. Washington looked weird in the heavy chestplate, but his grace was definitely not affected by it. He hid behind an obstacle and grabbed me and Aaron, dragging us with him.

"G-"

"Sh," he ordered quietly. Soon enough, not even 3 seconds later, there were quiet footsteps nearing us. Washington held his gun at ready before jumping out and shooting whoever it was. The person shrieked before running off, and Washington sighed.

"Who was it?" Aaron asked.

"King George," George replied. I ran over to the railing and shot at the main target, getting at least 1000 points off it before Laf spotted me. He shouted something in French before running up the stairs and firing. I took off, Washington and Aaron in front of me, and got shot repeatedly. Finally, I could hide until Laf ran past me, and then go recharge, but he must've gotten a good 60 points. Aaron got his points off Samuel, who had no idea where he was and was turning in circles to find my boyfriend. Once he was found, Aaron took off, dragging me by the hand while laughing.