Chapter 4

Mollie's P.O.V

I wake up shaking in the middle of the night. It's back. The Nightmare is back.

I turn round on the bed and accidentally wake AJ up,
  "Molls, what's wrong, you're sweaty and you're shaking,"
I don't answer instead I shuffle towards him and start crying on his chest.
  "Shh everything's going to be okay, do you want to tell me what's up, it might make you feel a bit better."
  "Okay," I say.
   "Every year on this day I have a nightmare which is basically what happened in my childhood, when I was about 4 my dad started shouting and abusing my mom, then one day he started slapping me and kicking me, until when he divorced my mum, but then they went to court for custody of me and my dad somehow got full custody, I wasn't allowed to see my mum ever, and then one day my dad left me at home when I was about 7 and he never came back. It was at this point when I ran away, I ran away to Manchester and up to my grandparents, then they got a call saying my parents had been involved in a car crash, my dad had driven into the front of my moms car and his head smashed against the window and he died, but then the paramedics took my mom to the hospital and she died in an operation. I stayed with my grandparents for 4 years but then they both died of old age, so I ran to my sisters who were living together on the other side of Manchester, they were the only family I had left. I never made it there because my dad had lied and they actually lived in America which I found out through their neighbours. Then I had no one so they took me to the nearest relative who was in the country and that was my dads brother who carried on abusing me and then he started to rape me until I was 16. I moved into a flat and I never saw anyone in my family again. That is the nightmare and my childhood, so if you don't want to be with someone as messed up as I am then just leave." I tell him while trying to hold back the tears.
   " Molls I love you and I would never leave you so if I do anything that you don't want to do or feel uncomfortable doing just tell me and I'll stop. I love you so much Molls and I would never hurt you." AJ says.
   "I love you too so much. Thank you AJ, I don't know what I would've done if I'd never met you."

I fall back asleep, in AJ's arms and my neck resting in the crook of his neck.

I love him so much.

*Time Skip to The Morning*

AJ's P.O.V

I'm sitting in bed with Mollie asleep next to me and I can't stop thinking about what she said.

How could anyone be so cruel to abuse their own child and wife. It's not right.

I feel Mollie start to stir next to me, she lifts her head off my chest and gives me a kiss on the lips.

"Morning Beautiful, feeling better?" I ask,
"Morning Handsome, and no not really,"
   "Oh sorry but as it's Sunday, we don't need to train so how about I make you a nice breakfast, and then we can watch films all day and cuddle on the sofa,"
     "Sounds good," Mollie replies.

We had just finished breakfast and now we are sitting on the sofa cuddling. We had decided to watch the Harry Potter series.

*Time Skip to After Dinner*

Mollie's P.O.V

We'd finished dinner and we were going up to bed as we were both really tired from last night, Once we were in bed I say,
  "Thank you AJ you made me forget what happened in my childhood when normally on this day I would be lying in  bed crying."
   "It's okay and just remember that I will always love you, no matter what your past was like,"
    "I love you More than anything AJ,"
    "I love you too Molls more than anything."

I fell asleep with AJ's arms wrapped around my waist and for the first time in my life I felt safe.

729 Words