Part 6

I use the last of my strength to pull myself onto the stiff cot. I fall onto it, laying on my side careful not to hurt my bloodied back. "That was very noble of you." an unknown voice says. I bolt upright and wince at the pain that shoots through my body at the action. "Who are you? What do you want?" I speak looking around, but seeing no one in my cell.

"I'm in the cell next to you, on your left." The voice says, conveniently, my cot is on the left side of the cell so I don't have to move. "Why did you do that?" he asks, I pull my legs up to my chest. "Ella doesn't deserve to be in here... I do..." I say holding back tears, waiting for him to respond. "Why do you deserve to be in here?" the voice asked hesitantly, probably nervous I'll stop talking. "I don't know why I'm telling this... but... I trust you" I sigh before continuing,

"I have a dark past, one I don't like sharing... when I first got my powers I kept it on the down low... only telling Ella. About a year later this scientist named Arnim Zola found out somehow... he came after me and captured me... he experimented on me and made me his personal bodyguard. During that time, I followed him like a shadow, a big black wolf shadow. He had a collar made to keep me always in my wolf form." I reach my bound hands up and feel around my neck as if it is still there, "He also had a shocking mechanism built in, if I refused to do something he would push a button and shock me" my fingers brush the lightning shaped scars on the side of my neck.

"The more times I refused the more he would up the voltage." I drop my hands, turning my right one over to look at the number tattoo: 0057, a single tear runs down my face and lands on the black ink. "Hey, are you okay?" the voice asks full of worry, I smile "Yeah, I'm fine... old ghosts, anyway after some time as his bodyguard he handed me over to a general named Johann Schmidt. I thought that the scientist was bad... but that general was horrible to me. He never used the collars shock function... instead he would beat me. One time he told me to kill someone who didn't deserve to die, I refused and he put me into a small cage and left me there for days."

I shudder at the memory of being in that cage, I curl tighter into a ball. "Um... hey I don't even know you're name..." the voice stutters out, "R-Right... my name is Nari, and you are?" I reply, loosening my grip on my legs and calming down. "Bucky, it's nice to meet you Nari. Um that name doesn't sound American, where are you from? i-if you don't mind me asking." "You're correct, I am not from America, I'm from Seoul. I moved here with... my brother..."

"You have a brother? What's he like?" Bucky asked harmlessly, but it brought back a time I've tried to forget. I time where I was a completely different person than I am now, I was carefree, pure... happy. To a time when me and my brother played piano together without a care in the world. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. I stood up and walked over to the glass wall and came face to face with Mrs. Graham.

(A/N This is one of my longest chapters, it took me a while to get the dialogue between Nari and Bucky right, my story happens at the end of Civil War.)