Part 13

I slide off the table and grab my ruined dress shirt. "Thanks" I say looking at her, she smiles brightly before waving for me to follow her as she walks back up the staircase. I lay my shirt over my shoulder following her, I trail behind her taking in everything around me. I find myself back on the landing platform with the group we arrived with. I'm yanked out of my thoughts as I'm squeezed by a pair of arms. I stiffen looking down only to calm down when I see Ella. "Kit... can't breathe..." I choke out with a breathless laugh. She lets go stepping back, I chuckle again looking up at the group of people. "What're we standing around for?" I ask looking at all of them, one catches my eye. He looks like the man from my dream... T'challa I think. I tense as we make eye contact, I involuntarily put a hand on abdomen where my scars from that day are. I break eye contact with him and drop my hand.

"Now that everybody is here, let me show you where you will be staying." T'challa says to the blonde rescuer, he nods and we follow. I stick to Ella's side the whole time keeping an eye out for any possible threats. I lose track of time and don't hear most of what anyone is saying. I feel a nudge on my shoulder and see the same woman who helped me. "My name is Shuri, what's yours?" she smiles at me, "Nari, this is Ella." I say simply, she nods and talks to Ella. Near the end of the tour we enter a training room. It looks like a dojo, against one wall is a line of dummies, against another is a gun rack. In the back corner is a grand piano, it has a sleek dark oak finish. "We heard you had a piano at your apartment... so we thought it would make you feel more at home... do you like it? We can move it back if you don't." Shuri says putting a hand on my shoulder.

I walk over to the piano slowly, raising my hand to touch the smooth surface. I sit on the cushioned bench and run my fingers over the fall board. Stopping when they land on an etched mark, a scorpion, to anyone who sees it they will think it is just a symbol. But to me, it means so much more... It is the birthmark me and my twin share. Both of them are on our right shoulder. I gently lift the fallboard and rest my hands on the keys. I start playing a song my brother taught me. After a few moments, I feel like I'm back in Seoul with Ari, back in our quiet house on the outskirts. Hot tears fell down my face at the memory of him. I continue playing in my own little world, completely forgetting that I wasn't alone. When I finished the song, I stood from the bench and I hear clapping.