Part 8

I lean down and close my eyes reciting a prayer I've said a thousand times. "Spirit of the wolf, you who wanders the wild lands, you who stalks in silent shadows, you who runs and leaps between the moss-covered trees, lend me your primal strength and the wisdom of your glowing eyes. Teach me to relentlessly track my desires and to stand in defense of those I love. Show me the hidden paths and the moonlit fields. Fierce spirit, walk with me in my solitude, howl with me in my joy and guard me as I move through this world."

I open my eyes and feel tears falling down my face, I quickly wipe them away and lie on my side. I closed my eyes falling into a much-needed sleep.

[Flashback]

Me and Ella were walking to the large brick building where our group practices talking about the day we had, when I hear a loud sound, like thunder. But, it wasn't raining, not even a little... the wasn't thunder... it was a gunshot. "Ella run! Get inside now!" I yell to her as she looks at me confused. I grab her hand and dash to the front door, we enter the building and I lock the door. "Nari, what's going on?"

Ella asked confused, I turn to her with a grim face "There's soldiers on campus... with guns. They're from HYDRA, the place that experimented on me." Her chocolate eyes widen in fear as she looks around. "What are we going to do?" she asks barley above a whisper, "You are going to find a place to hide and stay there until I come find you. I'm going to stay here and fight..." I say eerily calm in the situation we're in. "No! I'm not leaving you!" she exclaims grabbing my hand. "El go!" Reluctantly, she nods and runs off to find somewhere to hide.

I hear the soldiers shouting in Russian, "We know you're in there 0057, just come out." I reach into my light brown combat boots and pull out the small dagger I always carry. I hold it in my hand as I hear thumping against the door. I don't want to use my power unless I have to. I run up the stairs and open the window at the end of the hallway. Carefully climbing out making sure no one was around to hear me. I drop to the ground and crouch, quietly walking around the corner of the building. I count about five armed soldiers, one in particular seems to be the leader. He had unkempt brown hair, a black mask and goggles covering most of his face.

I next saw his metal arm with a red star. I move back when one of the men almost noticed me. "Please don't see this Ella... Please forgive me..." I say before rushing around the corner. I go for the man at the back of the group, quickly plunging my dagger through his heart giving him a painless quick death. The last four hear the body fall to the concrete and turn around and start firing at me. I run side to side dodging the bullets, slitting the throat of the next man to get too close.

'Only three left, shouldn't be that hard' I think going for the next man, I get behind him and chock him in front of me like a shield "Fire, I dare you" I growl in Russian at the two remaining men, the masked man raises his gun and fires through the soldier and the bullet goes through my shoulder, but through the man's heart. I drop the limp body and jump up and land on the last soldier's shoulders forgetting about my wound.

The masked man fires again but I jump before it can hit me and the thud of the body tells me that it is just me and the masked gunman. "You're out of friends and bullets, what are you going to do now buddy? What are you without your toys?" I say in Russian again to the last man, looking at him. "What are you without your toys?" he says to me looking at my bloody dagger. I look at him "Let's do this to old fashioned way, no weapons." I wipe my dagger off on my pants putting it away never letting the man out of my sights.

I stand back up and raise my hand ready to fight. He attacks first, charging at me I move out of the way, he runs by me and I wrap my arm around his neck and kick out the backs of his knees so he falls to the ground. Before I can knock him out he reaches his metal arm back and throws me over his shoulder. I land on the ground with a crunch, I broke something, probably a leg. I get right back up and turn just in time to dodge a punch. I punch him in the chest knocking him back, "Do you give up yet? We're evenly matched, HYDRA trained you well but you're no match for me. I don't want to kill you... I don't want to kill anyone... I don't want to be the monster they created me to be... I don't think you want to be a monster either..." I tell him calmly in Russian.

He stands up slowly, looking at me. I reach out my hand "Come with me, I can help you. You don't have to be a monster anymore." He slowly walks over to me and puts his flesh hand in mine. I softly smile at him, slowly reaching up to remove the mask. He finches when I do "It's okay, I'm just gonna take this thing off you." He lets me reach the rest of the way up and remove the mask covering his face. The goggles and mask fall to the ground and I get a good look at him. He has shining blue eyes and scruff, it suits him.

"Come on, let's get you out of here. But first, drop all your weapons." He reaches into his leg pocket and pulls out a dagger dropping it on the floor. "Anything else?" he shakes his head I lead him around the corner and I jump up onto the window ledge. "Come on, trust me." I wave my hand for him to follow. He takes a few steps back and jumps up, but not high enough. I reach out and grab his hand. 

( A/N: Hey i'm sorry i haven't been updating school has been insane. But i hope you like the flashback. News flash! Bucky and Nari are going to be in a Brother/Sister relationship because remember she is in High School and it would be weird if it was anything else. )