Part 10

[Flashback]

I finish cleaning my last cut and step out of the bathroom. I growl softly when I see an unknown man, I silently go and stand next to Bucky. "Understood." The man says to no one, most likely to someone on a com link. He turns around and looks at me and Bucky, he looks between the two of us. "Do you know me?" he asks looking at Bucky, Bucky blinks and responds "You're Steve, I read about you in a museum." "They've set a perimeter" I hear a voice say, I look around and my eyes land on the man. He sets down the notebook he was holding "I know you're nervous and you have plenty of reasons to be." He takes a step towards us "But you're lying." "We weren't in Vienna, we don't do that anymore."

I say knowing where he was taking this, "They're entering the building." I hear the same voice from before say. "Well the people that think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." "That's smart. Good strategy" Bucky says nodding slightly, we both look up when the same voice speaks again "They're on the roof, I'm compromised." My ears swivel to the door when I hear footsteps. "This doesn't have to end in a fight Buck." The man says as me and Bucky walk towards a table. "It always ends in a fight" I say as Bucky takes off his glove covering his metal hand.

"Five seconds" I hear the voice say, 'Steve' looks around "You pulled me from the river. Why?" he asked looking at Bucky. Bucky sighs looking up at the man "I don't know" "Three seconds" the voice says "Yes you do" the man pesters. "Breach!" the voice repeats as a bomb comes through the newspaper covered window. The man uses his shield to knock it away as another comes in. I kick it to the shielded man and he covers it with his shield as it explodes. I hear a thump on the door and Bucky holds up a mattress blocking us from a gunshot.

Another thump, I look around and throw a table to block the door if it opens. Two heavily armored soldiers come through the windows. Bucky punches one, knocking him out as 'Steve' literally pulls the rug out from under the feet of the other as he fires his gun hitting the ceiling. Bucky pushes a soldier to me and I throw him against the wall. Bucky and 'Steve' continue fighting as I grab my bag putting it over my shoulder. "Buck stop! You're going to kill someone" 'Steve' says as Bucky flips him onto the ground punching the floorboards next to him, "I'm not going to kill anyone." pulling out his own bag tossing it out the open door to the roof next to us.

More soldiers come into our apartment shooting at us. Bucky throws a cement block at one knocking through the wall behind him. I hear three loud booms and cover my sensitive ears. When the ringing stops I see that there was a hole in the wall by the door. Also, I see Bucky fighting outside the apartment. I join him and jump down a few levels and fight about three soldiers at once. I hear Bucky groan as he grabs the railing after jumping down to join me. He climbs over the railing as I kick down the door, I turn to look at him. He passes me and jumps over the balcony to the roof, I jump too shifting as I fall landing as a giant jet-black wolf.

He looks at me before running across the rooftop. I see a shadow but before I could react it lands kicking Bucky over as they do. I get a good look at them and it is a man wearing a black cat looking suit. They begin fighting at first, they're evenly matched. But soon the cat man knocks Bucky over and I charge landing on top of the man. Seconds after I do he slashes my underbelly, I stagger back whimpering. I shift into a human clutching my abdomen, I pull my hand away to see it covered in blood. I look up and see 'Steve' I look around and spot Bucky running, I wince as I shift again. I catch up to him as he vaults over the edge of the roof.

I join him moments later, we both look up to see the cat man sliding down the side of the building and both jump the rest of the way down. We dash away as I turn my head to see both the black suited man and 'Steve' chasing us. A helicopter starts firing at us and I follow Bucky into an underground highway. We run again as cars honk at us. I hear sirens behind us but keep running, I bark at Bucky. He slows a little only to jump on my back, I growl picking up the pace. I feel him grab the long fur around my shoulders to get a good grip so he doesn't fall off at these speeds. I skid to a stop as police cars pull in front of us. I leap to the next lane running into an open area where Bucky jumps off me and gets on a passing motorbike.

We both jump lanes again; the cat man jumps onto the bike. Bucky tries to throw him off, but his bike goes sideways and his metal arm scrapes across the cement road. We pass under an overhang and Bucky tosses a bomb onto it making it collapse behind us. The cat man gets past and throws Bucky off his bike. They fight... again and 'Steve' jumps and pushes him off standing next to Bucky. Police cars completely surround us as I shift back into a human. I wince as I look down at my abdomen to see it worse than it used to be. 'Phasing doesn't help with injuries' I think as I place a hand on it trying to slow the bleeding, I walk over and stand next to Bucky. I put my other hand on his shoulder to steady myself.

I hear a thud and a metal robot lands holding out its hands. "Stand down, now" it says I hear the police shouting in what I think is Romanian. There were many soldiers pointing guns at us, 'Steve' puts away his shield and raises his hands. Me and Bucky make eye contact as more armed men come over to us. One man gets behind Bucky and forces him down, Bucky doesn't resist. A man with what looks like a jetpack gets walked over to us with his hands above his head. 'Steve' is forced to the ground also, as the cat man pulls off his helmet revealing his face. He was T'challa, Prince of Wakanda. My eyes roll into the back of my head as I fall unconscious from blood loss.