Chapter 6

Brendon's POV:

I walk back over to Jon, who is impatiently awaiting me. "So how did it go?" he asks as soon as I can hear him.

"Calm down, Jon. I think I did good to be honest." I say with a small smile on my face. "He even remembered our little encounter this morning!" "Of course, he remembers. Haven't I told you that he won't forget you?" Jon states excitedly. "But Jon, he kinda doesn't seem interested at all, he barely remembered my name." I pout at Jon. "Oh come on, Bren. Who couldn't be interested in the 5.9 feet of you? Seriously, don't give up that fast. Listen, I have an idea, you go and do your job and I'll have an eye on them and see how your little Ryro acts around you, right?" he gives me a smug smile and leaves to make the drinks for the guys. I sigh to myself, but also think Jon might have a point. He just met me this morning and we barely talked, I really can't expect him to be after me like the emos after a MCR reunion.

I go back to their table and hand them their drinks. "There you go, guys. So, would you like to eat something?" I ask politely and with a small smile on my face. Ryan ducks his head and can't look me in the eyes and I'm just wondering if I did something wrong. Spencer eyes Ryan warily, but also kind of annoyed, then turns around to me and orders: "Yea, we both take number 17, thank you Brendon." My look is confused, but I leave with a "Yes, sure."

And that's exactly how the rest of their visit passed. Mostly Spencer talking to me and Ryan kind of ignoring my existence, at least it felt like that. The only thing he said to me was a whispered "Bye, Brendon" with a tiny, tiny smile, when they left.

"So, Jonny boy, did your eagle eyes detect anything else than total ignorance?" I question sarcastically in our break. Jon looks at me with a surprised look. "Are you kidding me right now? Brendon, I'm afraid I have to tell you that your precious Ryan Ross is, no doubt, the shyest 23-year old, I've ever laid my eyes on, at least around you." He says slightly amused. "Huh? I don't exactly know what you want to tell me with that." I say confusion clear on my face.

"How can someone be that oblivious?" Jon asks more to himself than to me. "He's totally into you! He's not ignoring you, he just doesn't dare to talk in front of you, probably thinking he would embarrass himself. But every time you left their table his eyes were glued to you, means he is totally checking you out, means he's totally into you." Jon concludes with a smug grin on his face, as he bumps my shoulder.

"Are you joking with me? He has been nothing short of ignorant to me and you're trying to tell me he was checking me out?" I shake my head incredulously at my best friend. "Oh my god, Brendon. Why would I be fucking joking with you? I know how important he is to you. I'm dead serious, he observed you the whole time he has been here." Jon says with a kind of annoyed look, just like the one Spencer gave Ryan earlier. Now he has all of my attention, Jonathan Jacob Walker never, and when I say never I mean never, swears. I look at him shocked, he must be serious.

"Well, whatever. It's not like he's coming back again, so, I probably won't see him any time soon anyway." I say a little pout building up on my lips.

"Trust me," Jon says lightly "the way he looked at your ass today, he is coming back. Told you, no one can resist it." a big smug grin on his face, while I start blushing furiously.

Ryan came back.

Over the next week, he visited the restaurant daily always with Spencer. The restaurant seems to be an extremely tranquil place for them since it's a family restaurant and nearly nobody recognizes them.

"Oh my god, I can't even, Bren. This is a serious subject, I really want to get to know Spencer Smith! What do I do? He came every time with Ryan and he just got more and more interesting." Jon asks me, sounding very desperate. "Wow, could ask you the same question, but at least Spencer seems to be interested in you. On Tuesday he actually asked me for your name, remember? And since Ryan is nothing but shy, or more disinterested when I'm around and I don't really think he wants me in any way at all, I really don't mind if you take their orders today, if you want." I take a glance at Spencer and Ryan's table, which happens to be the same isolated one in the corner as the last five days and recognize them staring at us. Ryan quickly averts his eyes and turns around, so does Spencer, but way slower than Ryan and a whole lot less embarrassed and cooler for I can see Ryan blushing. But that is probably just my imagination. Why the hell should Ryan fucking Ross blush, when I'm looking at him?

Jon stares at me incredulously "Hold on, are you serious right now? You let me take their table today?" he asks with a surprised look, but a big as smile on his face. I smile back at him, although a little sad. I'm always glad when I can make him happy, because he does so much for me. "Of course, you can, but just if you get Spencer Smith's number. Your challenge for today." I tell him with a mischievous grin on my face. Jon's eyes widen and he looks at me unbelievably. "What? We both know you have the confidence for this." A supportive smile settling on my face.

His facial expression visibly relaxes. "You might be right and he came here for the last week, and since Ryan is practically eye-fucking you, he has a lot of time to check me out." He laughs and then stalks away to Spencer's and Ryan's table.

I'm staring after him extremely confused and everything I'm capable of thinking is Ryan is eye-fucking me?

I hope you liked that, isn't really my favorite chapter.

Imagine Knowing Him (Ryden)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara