Chapter 7

Ryan's POV:

"Oh my god, I was so obvious all the time! I totally checked him out and stuff, he must be so uninterested in me." I tell Spencer, looking miserable as we sit in our, by now, usual booth in Brendon's restaurant.

"Ryan, are you shitting me right now?" He glares at me with the most disbelieving look, I've ever seen on him. "Honestly, I think you can be glad if the doesn't think you already have a boyfriend, because that's probably how much "interest" you, as you call it, showed, zero!" He underlines his statement with air quotation on the interest. I'm totally confused, by now. "What do you mean?" "Seriously Ryan, when's the last time you properly flirted? Because your performance here was nothing short of pathetic." He laughs in my face, while I start blushing like a maniac. "Come on Ry, you didn't even really talk to him, what do you expect?" "But I look at him the whole time, he had to catch that!" Spencer shakes his head. "I swear to God, I'm not having this discussion with you again! Listen, just give him your damn number and everybody's happy, okay? If he texts you, he is interested, what do you got to lose?" Spencer asks exasperatedly. "A whole lot and you know that, but I guess you're right, I have to make the first move or nothing will happen." I say determined, but still slightly scared.

But it isn't Brendon, who comes up to our table, but his waiter friend, I think his name is Jon? Spencer likes him though and right as I look over to Spence his face lights up.

Spin is actually a really handsome man when he finally smiles, but this sadly happens rarely in public.

"Hey guys (yea, we're well known here already), what would you like today?" Jon asks as he arrives at our table.

"Hey Jon!" Spencer smiles so wide that I'm afraid his face will separate in two pieces, I look at him bewildered. He never ever acted like this around someone he likes before. "Hey Spence!" Spence?! Did I miss something? Since when do they use nicknames?! I look at them incredulously and maybe lightly jealous. We order and Jon makes his way back to the kitchen.

"What did just happen, Spence?" I ask and am careful to pronounce it exactly how Jon did it before. "What do you mean? I guess we just like each other." He tries to sound casual, but I see the light in his eyes shining through, so I take my chance. "Fine, Spin. If I have to give Brendon my number, you have to give Jon yours." I say with a wicked smile on my face. He looks at me panicky. "And don't you dare to say you're not interested in that way, I know you are." Sometimes I forget that I know Spencer exactly as good as he knows me. A defeated expression settles on his features and he gives me a small nod. "How are you gonna do it, though?" Spencer asks me. "He doesn't seem to serve us today." I look out of the window thoughtfully. "Well, since I can't speak around him anyways, like you graciously revealed to me, I'm just gonna write a note and ask Jon to give it to him, they seem to be good friends." I'm actually extremely content with that idea, avoid as much personal conversation as possible. I would just embarrass myself anyway. Spencer gives me an appreciative nod.

So, I write my note and we eat. I'm wondering when Spence will do his task. I will totally kick his ass if he chickens out. Actually, I even hope he does, so I can tease him with it, I know, I can be a bitch sometimes.

Jon comes back with our check and while Spencer pays, I turn to Jon trying to hide my obvious nervousness. "Hey Jon?" he looks at me expectantly. "Yea?" "Um... I have something here.. it's.. er.. it's for Brendon? I was thinking, could you like, maybe, if you don't mind.. er .. hand it to him?" I end my babbling with a hopeful smile and pass him the little note. "Sure, no problem." He says with a sincere smile and I also detect a hint of excitement in his eyes. That's probably a good sign? Anyways, I'm just relieved, I did it. Now I'm looking at Spencer awaiting his part.

"Jon?" "Spencer?" they say at the same time. They both look so startled, I have to suppress my laughter. "You can go first." Jon says with his lazy smile that he always wears. Spencer seems slightly nervous and I know he is fidgeting with his fingers under the table. It's really amusing to watch the two of them. "I was wondering, if I could get your number, you know to hang out some time maybe?" he lets out, surprisingly cool. Jon breaks into a fit of laughter. That leaves Spin and I confused. "Sorry..." Spencer begins but Jon interrupts. "No no no, sorry, I just wanted to ask you the same question." Jon explains. "Oh.." Spencer relaxes visibly. "You wanna give me your phone?" He hands Jon his phone and he puts his number in it. "Call me then. See ya, guys." And he leaves our table with a little more than just his usual lazy smile.

"Well, that went smoothly." I state, Spencer nods smiling his best Spencer smile and we head back to the studio, where the rest of the crew is already awaiting us.

That took me long. I'm sorry, but I hope I can update earlier next time, also hope you liked it. :)