Chapter 23

Guys, prepare for some sad stuff. But some fluff before, especially for you. :D

Ryan's POV:

When I wake up the next morning, my head is pounding like a thousand jack hammers are working on it. I slowly open my eyes and see my bedroom, normal like always. The other side of my bed is empty, not too unusual either, but by now I remember pieces of last night and who I took home with me, my boyfriend.

So, where is Brendon?

I try to carefully sit up in my bed, turning my feet to the side and over the edge. Then I find a glass of water and some painkillers on my night stand next to my bed. There's also a little post it on the box of painkillers that says "Eat me!", and a similar one on the water, but it says "Drink me!".

I can't stop myself to silently smile, he remembered my favourite book?! Adorable. After taking the painkillers, I get up and stumble to the door to look for my significant other.

Right as I open the door, I smell food. It smells great, amazing actually. I think I smell pancakes, but let's see what my sun prepared for me.

I still slightly tremble when I enter the kitchen. Brendon's back is facing me, so he doesn't recognize me coming in.

I make my way over to him, sling my arms around his waist and put my head on his shoulder. He smiles to himself. "Morning, baby." He says and turns his head to give me a kiss. Over his shoulder, I see what he cooked for me. I wasn't wrong, there are pancakes, but a bunch of other things as well. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, also a super fruity smoothie and coffee of course.

"Wow, Bren, that's a feast! Thank you so much." I say burying my head in the crook of his neck to kiss it. "Oh, don't mention it." He says dismissively, but I can still see him smiling proudly. "Did you find the Advil? And how's your head feeling?" he asks concerned, while turning around in my arms completely. "Yea, thanks. My head feels a lot better already." I tell him, as I feel the effect of the painkillers slowly kicking in.

"Sounds great. You think you can eat something?" "Hell yea, I won't let all this good food go to waste!" I smile at him and we sit down on the kitchen island and start eating.

-

"Bren, that was fantastic! But it always is, who am I kidding. A perfect hangover breakfast." I smile at him genuinely. He slightly blushes and smiles back at me, before he asks "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better with the painkillers and the breakfast, how couldn't I?" I tell him honestly. "That's great." He looks like he's contemplating whether or not to say something, I look at him confused. "Listen, Ry, I gotta tell you something, but-" In that moment I hear my phone go off. "Wait, I have to take this one." I pick up and hear my managers voice through the speakers. "Hello, Ryan, we got an emergency meeting in one hour, we would want you to partake in it." Okay that sounds odd. "For sure, Mr. Trohman, did something happen?" I ask growing more and more anxious by the minute. "We're gonna discuss the matter when you and the rest of the band are here. See you then, Ryan." With that he hangs up. Usually Joe's a chill guy, so I'm wondering what could have happened.

Brendon looks at me curiously. "Something wrong?" he questions. "Well, seems like, but he didn't want to tell me on the phone." What could it possibly be? "But I have to take a shower, we have a meeting in one hour." "Oh, okay? I'm gonna clean up then." He kind of looks relieved. "Was it something important, you wanted to tell me?" I ask him, while putting my plate in the kitchen sink. "Oh, no, it can wait, but you know I have work later tonight." He reminds me. "Ah, yea. Until ten, right? Then you should come over after." I tell him, because obviously I don't want to wait too long to see him again. "Will do. Now hurry and take your shower." He rushes me in the direction of the bathroom and smiles.