Chapter 9

Ryan's POV:

Its been two days, Spencer and I haven't been to the restaurant since I gave Brendon my number. I grow more and more anxious, he doesn't seem to like me at all. But I can't stop staring at my phone in hopes, he will call or text, and I can't really concentrate.

"Ryan, what the hell, man? I called your name like five times, what is distracting you so much?" Pete asks from behind me on the studio couch. I turn around, feeling kind of nauseous. "Sorry, Pete. I was thinking about those lyrics." Pete's a good man, I mean, yea, there are a lot of rumours about him, but not all are true. Also, I guess, it's a good thing, he enjoys the fame, not everybody has to be like me. Plus, he takes the attention from me, which is awesome.

"Are you sure there's nothing else, Ry?" Patrick asks from beside me. He is some kind of fucking lie detector, seriously. But he's also the sweetest guy I've ever met and he keeps Pete at bay when he throws one of his bitch fits, which sadly happens more often. And then it seems like just Trick can calm him down.

"He's fine, guys." Spencer chimes in, but sends me a worried look and nods in the direction of the door. I get up and leave, Spencer follows suit. "Ry, seriously, stop that! You're even scaring me. It's been long since you've been so worked up over a guy." He eyes me carefully. "I know, Spin, but you know I really like Brendon and I just want him to call or text me." I sigh, feeling miserable. "And he will like I said, it's just been two days." I look at him defeated, he's right but... "You texted Jon two hours later!" "Might be, but people are different and maybe your Brendon has a good reason to wait that long?" I try to ignore how good your Brendon sounds, but I just have to grin to myself, before I snap out of my gaze. "Let's go back to work, okay? You need some distraction." I nod and follow him back into the studio, putting my phone in my bag.

Brendon's POV:

Okay, so I already waited two days because I don't want to seem too desperate. Or that is more my excuse for not having the balls to actually text or call him. Should I text or call? Uhhh, even that tiny decision is too much for me right now. Maybe, he lost interest already for I waited so long. Brendon, you idiot! I slap myself in the face and let me fall back into the cushions of my couch in my living room, where I'm currently sitting on. You dumb, dumb dork! This is all I ever wished for, I cannot let this opportunity slip through my fingers and I will not. What do I got to lose, if I don't even try? My phone is laying in front of me on the small couch table, where I watched it for the last hour. With a sudden rush of energy and confidence, I pick it up and open the messages since I figured texting would be easier than calling. But what should I write? I would love to meet up? No, way too desperate. Just Hey? No, that seems forced. Uhhh.. why is this so difficult? So, I settle for a simple, casual text.

Hey Ryan, it's Brendon from the restaurant. What's up? :)

So, yea Pete and Patrick are the other to members of Ryan's band and I'm sorry but Ryan had to be lead singer, sorry Pattycakes. :(