Chapter 27

Brendon's POV:

Get your head together, Brendon. You want him back, more than anything in your life, you want him back! So, get your dumb head together. I'm still just sitting on my couch listening to his voice, but now it doesn't let me drown in self-pity anymore, but it helps me. This time when I listen to it, I remember my best memories with Ryan, reminding me of our first meeting, our first date, our first kiss, our first everything. I absent-mindedly play with the key he gave me to his apartment. That cute little Jack Skeleton key chain. It's a wonder I still have it, he must have forgotten to get it from me. But I don't mind, it's good actually.

What could I do to get him back? I doubt a normal conversation about what happened, will be enough. I need a big gesture, but what? Uhh.. it's exhausting, because nothing I come up with seems to be enough, I wish I could just...

I get interrupted by the doorbell. Who could that be? I'm not expecting anybody. I tap to the front door to see who it is, but I certainly don't expect to see him. I immediately open the door for him.

"Hey, Brenny." Spencer says with a slight sigh in his voice. I haven't seen him in ages, even longer than Ryan, because obviously we didn't hang out after Ry and I... split.

"Spence, that's a surprise, why are you here?" I ask him honestly wondering why he showed up on my doorstep. "Can I come in and talk to you?" he asks me cautiously. "Yes, of course. Make yourself at home." I say to him. He looks somehow uncomfortable. I don't blame him, I still don't know why he is here. Knowing Spencer's nature, I was sure as hell, he'll never talk to me again, after everything went down with Ryan.

"Honestly, I'm not gonna stay long. Ryan just told me to get his key back from you, he says he is scared you're gonna kidnap him in the middle of the night." He says with a forced laughter. Ryan can't be serious about that. "Ah.. yea, hold on let me get them." I tell him and make my way over to the couch, where I was playing with it. My heart drops when I look one last time at Jack. "Are you listening to Almost Insane?! ?" Spin asks me surprised. "Yep, on a loop for the last three weeks or something." I say honestly. He looks at me even more surprised, before his face softens and you can detect the pity, if you look close enough. He sighs again.

"Listen, Bren. I am certainly not a fan of what you did. In fact, I despise it. Sorry to be so harsh, but you probably figured that already anyways. Still, I had a really long talk with Jon and he explained a lot. Obviously, no justification for your actions, but I don't wanna lie to you, I might would have done the same. Well, just maybe with different conditions, but yea. At the same time, I'm Ryan's best friend and I don't want anything bad happen to him at all. That one's clear. But I see him now and I saw him when you two were together, it's a difference like day and night. And I know even if he gets over you, he will never be the same as he has been before. I know I have been the one who told him about it in the first place, but Bren, it was time for that he deserved to know. I do understand now, that it was a mistake and I should have talked to you first, but it is to late for that now. What I want to say with that is: I might be here because Ry told me to, but I wanted to come and talk to you as well. I want to help you and after what Jon told me about how you weren't exactly enthusiastic after he offered you his help, I thought I might try too. I know Ryan better than he knows himself. I am here to help you get him back, because in the end your fight is somehow about a minor thing. I mean, you didn't cheat on him and I can see you are in it for his personality, not fame or money. So, what do you say? Do you take my help to get him back?"

I'm baffled, shock is written all over my face. Did Spencer James Smith really just offer me his help to get the love of my life back? I can't comprehend everything that fast, I try to speak, but no words are leaving my mouth. So, I close it again. Instead of saying something, I decide to just nod.