Chapter 14

Prepare, people! Important chapter :)

Brendon's POV:

"So, how was work?" Ryan asks quietly. He's exactly as shy as I always imagined him to be, but honestly, I love it. Fits together perfectly with my quirkiness.

"Good, I guess. You know, there are always those three shitty costumers, but I just silently spit in their food before handing it to them." I cringe at my lame joke. Ryan covers his mouth with his hand and giggles. Actually giggles, how cute can a human possibly be? But then he gets serious. "Hold on, you never did this with me, right?" he has a fake alarming look in his eyes. "No, I would never! But I did with Spencer." I wink at him and he giggles again. Ahh.. heavenly noise. I could listen to his giggles for the rest of my life. Suddenly Ryan stops in front of a cinema. "Here we are." He smiles at me. Wow, that smile could light up the catacombs in Paris. Also, it's fucking beautiful. Is there even one thing about him that is not gorgeous?!

"Cool, are we gonna see a movie? There is actually one I wanted to see since it came out, but I couldn't until now, but-" "Yea, we're gonna see that one." Ryan interrupts my babbling with a knowing grin. "What? We're gonna see Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children? I love Tim Burton! How did you know?" I practically scream in Ryan's face and start to happily jump up and down. Ryan laughs "Yea, me too. I even asked Jon about my plans and he said you would love it." He says proudly. Oh my god, how adorable is that? He even asked Jon for advice? "My favourite Tim Burton movie is probably-" "Nightmare Before Christmas!" we say at the same time. We look each other in the eyes, before we both start to laugh. After the laughter dies down, Ryan says "Okay let's go in." he smiles warmly at me and I feel a thousand butterflies erupt in my stomach. "Y-Yea." I smile back.

After he insists on paying for me at the ticket stand, the inevitable happens.

We are just about to go to the room where they show the movie with popcorn in our hands, when someone comes up and stops in front of us.

It's a tall blonde girl, maybe two years younger than us. She looks fake, I can't stand just looking at her and her big boobs, that she obviously wants to show off. Then she starts talking in a very high pitched tone "Hey, aren't you Ryan Ross, the lead-singer of Pile-Up?" I see him visibly cringing and tensing at this, for me this is the moment that I have to stay in my role exactly how Jon taught me. I mentally prepare myself for what's about to come and already put on a confused and incredulously looking face.

"Y-Yea, I am." He says hesitantly. "Oh my god! I knew it, my friends wouldn't believe me! Can I have a picture with you? And an autograph?!" "Sure, I guess." He gives me a pitiful look and fakely smiles into the camera with the girl next to him. Then he gives her an autograph on a tissue, because she didn't have anything else and after that she's finally gone with one last squeal.

"I'm sorry" he looks at me miserable. "I probably should have told you before we went out." He looks at the floor like a lost puppy, I feel guilty right away, but I can't tell him just yet. So how to react, I cannot be too mad, but at least a little confused I guess? Okay, deep breath, let's prove my acting skills.

"So, hold up, you're the lead singer of Pile-Up? You're Ryan Ross, like THE Ryan Ross?! I can't believe-" Right, when I say this fan number two finds it's way to Ryan and asks something too. I know he can't just be pissed with the fans and I also know he doesn't really want to either, they just show up at an unpleasant time.

So, after he is done with fan number four and five, I gently take his hand and pull him towards the toilets, where we're fortunately alone. "Listen," he starts "I'm really sorry, I didn't tell you, but for once I wanted to meet a guy, who doesn't want to know me because I'm famous. Since you never mentioned anything, besides knowing me from our little encounter that one morning. So, I just wanted to know, if you wanted to go out with me for me, y'know?" And again he can't stand to look me in the eye and looks at the floor instead. My guilt jar apparently overfloods, but I just can't tell him right now. He looks so terrified, that I will judge him because he wants someone to like him for himself and not for his money. I put my hand under his chin and lift it up, so that he finally looks at me, his eyes are watering already. Oh no, he is not allowed to cry, I have to handle fast.

"Hey no, Ryan, listen. I don't judge you for that and I can totally understand. I didn't know you were the lead singer of Pile-Up. I mean, yea of course I know the band and I also really like it! And honestly that makes you just more interesting for me, but just so that you know: Believe me, I liked you before already, because you're the most adorable and sweet man I've ever met! Okay? Don't worry I'm not mad at you!" I finish my explanation with what I hope is a winning smile and as soon as I see him smile back, I know I convinced him, there is just this little sting of guilt still in my chest.

Woohoo, so it is finally in the open! Guess what, now it's getting interesting.