Chapter 20

Brendon's POV:

So, Spencer had a glorious idea a couple of days ago. He suggested that Jon and he would go on a double date with Ryan and me. Why does that sound so cringey? But actually it's just a hangout with our best friends.

And man, since Spencer and Jon are together I barely see my best friend, except for work of course. But I guess I can't complain, because as long as Ry is not working, we're together 24/7 as well.

Also, I'm really excited for it, because we decided to play lasertag. I've never done that before, but I always wanted to!

So, apparently Spence and Ry are just on their way to get us from the restaurant since Jon and I have to work until 3pm.

"Jonny boy, I'm so excited for today!" I exclaim as I walk up to Jon. He looks at me with his signature lazy smile. "Yea, I guess it will be pretty funny." He says. "Pretty funny? Are you kidding? It's gonna be awesome. I've never done it before and it sounds so cool and..." I begin to ramble until Jon stops me. "Okay, Brenny, I got it, you can't wait, me neither and it will be fantastic."

I nod appreciatively at Jon, at least he tries to make it look like he enjoys the idea of lasertag. In that exact moment, I hear the bell of the restaurant door and see Spence and my Ryry enter.

I feel heat rise to my face and a smile forming on it. I seriously still can't believe I can claim that gorgeous boy my own.

"Hey, Bren" I stop Ryan in front of me and hold my fingers to his lips. Then I quickly turn and watch Spence and Jon. I always wondered what they would do to greet each other. But I certainly didn't expect what I see next.

Jon just quickly checks his surroundings, obviously figuring out nobody's watching them, for he grabs Spencer by his collar and gives him a sweet, short kiss.

Ryan and I share a baffled look, like did that seriously just happened?

Then Jon and Spin simultaneously turn to look at us just to recognize our shocked faces. They seem slightly embarrassed until Spence clears his throat. "Err..." he stammers. "Whatever" Ryan says dismissively then looks at me to get his own welcome kiss. Of course, I oblige happily.

How is it not the best feeling ever to kiss the guy you've been dreaming about for years? I still squirm inside when it happens.

When we're finished it's our turn to look embarrassedly at Jon and Spencer, but they just smirk at each other and Jon says "So, let's go?"

-

Man, I'm so glad neither Jon and Spencer nor Ryan and I are a super couple.

That means we decided for our lasertag teams to be Ry and Spin and Jon and me, because, no offence, I really like Ryan, but I wanna win and I don't trust him to be as hard and badass as I am.

"Okay, so everybody knows the rules? Then, may the best warrior win this battle!" I say and then we all run away in different directions.

I gotta say lasertag really is fun! We already played about five games and Jon and I won three.

But honestly, I couldn't be more wrong about Ryro. He's like the terminator in this game, seems like he turned into a killer machine and Spencer is pretty equal aswell. But Jon and I stay strong.

We're making a break right now and Ry is talking to Jon, so Spence comes up to me. "Nice game, Spence. I never expected Ryan to be like that though." I start the conversation. "Yea, he is as cold as ice when it comes to lasertag, he kinda even forgets his loved ones." Spin laughs. "Hold on, so you played before? That's so unfair!" I pout. "You should have asked before. Ryan and I used to play every weekend when we were teenagers. But listen, he is the worst looser, you'll ever meet, better let him win or you'll regret it!" Spencer tries to warn me, but my ears are shut for his attempt. "As if, you have an unfair advantage over me and Jon, so I'm gonna try my best and kick your asses!" I exclaim. Spin looks at me unbelievably and shakes his head. "Well, I tried, you'll see what you get from this attitude." I stand up and shout: "Second round, guys." to the others and they stand up aswell.

We're going to the made-up battlefield and I scream "Team Deathmatch".

-

"Yas! In your face!" We won! I really tried my best, seems like Jon and I are naturally talented. But, oh boy, maybe I should have listened to Spin, because the look Ryan gives me really scares the shit out of me. If looks could kill...

I walk up to him and say "Hey, you did great!" He turns around and scoffs "I don't need you pity!" he walks away and I turn to Spencer. He just smirks and mouths "Told you so." Fuck! I gotta admit there are some things I don't know about Ryan yet.

We hand our equipment over to an employee and make our way to the cars. The plan is to go out for dinner now. On the way here Ry and I and Spence and Jon shared a car. "I'm gonna drive with you, Spin!" Ryan calls out. I look startled in his direction. "But, I thought-" I start. "Well, you thought wrong." He interrupts me and takes a seat on the passenger side of Spencer's car. Spin just snickers to himself. "Fuck off, James." "Don't you dare, Boyd! I tried to warn you!" Spence says with faux anger, still laughing.

Jon and I get in the car and I start the engine. "What's wrong with lover boy?" Jon asks me mildly concerned. "Uhhh.. Spencer warned me, he can't lose." I let out. "Haha, have fun with that at dinner, B:"

-

I think Spence talked to Ryan during the car ride for he seems a lot calmer when we enter the restaurant.

Jon and Spencer go to ask for our table while Ryan talks to me. "Listen, I'm sorry for earlier. I know I can't lose and that I get really competitive." He says sadly and embarrassed about his outburst earlier.

"Ryan, who cares? I just don't know everything about you yet, but soon I will. And seriously, if being a little too competitive at times is your only flaw, I can very well live with it. So, now that I learned something new about you, it is an achievement for me!" Ry looks at me wide eyed.

"B, you're honestly the best thing, that could ever happen to me." He looks at me and I can practically feel the love radiating around him creating the goose bumps on my skin. I can't thing properly before putting my lips on his in a heated kiss.

"So, you two made up, I assume." Spin says sarcastically, while Jon just quietly laughs to himself. Embarrassed, I let go of Ryan and try to fix his hair, that my hands unintentionally found their way into.

"Well, yea.." I clear my throat. "So, can we eat?" I ask and take Ryan's hand to pull him in the direction of our table.

Without looking back I can hear the laughter of my two best friends behind us.

I hope you liked that, I thought the idea was cute. :) Also, sadly, I'm suuuper busy during the next three weeks, so no update, but I hope I can do another one before the stress starts! And guys thank you sooooo much for 500 reads!! I never thought that would happen. I love you!! <3