Chapter 18

Is this really an update? Wow, I'm proud :D Enjoy!

Brendon's POV:

I'm in heaven. Ryan and I have been going out for two weeks now. But I'm still not sure, if we're really together, although he invited me to come to a band meeting with him yesterday. It actually is today and I seriously can't wait!

Ryan will come to pick me up in about 15 minutes, okay, hurry B, go brush your teeth!

I just finished doing my hair, when I hear a knock on my door.

I check my appearance one last time in the mirror, before I go to open the front door. Ryan smiles at me fondly like I'm the only thing that matters to him. I love it, but seriously I'm not that special. If he would only know... Still I can't keep my smile from creeping up either.

"Hey" he leans in and gives me a quick peck on the lips. My smile widens at this. Yea, we do that now, welcome-kisses. Actually, we're doing a lot of coupley stuff, man, but I still don't know if we are one. I should maybe ask? Or I'll just pop the question if he wants to be my boyfriend. Well, whatever first I'm going to meet his friends though.

"Damn, I'm nervous." We're already on our way to the studio, where the rest of the band awaits us. "Well, you really don't have to. I mean you already know Spence. Trick is probably the sweetest guy you'll ever meet and Pete might eb intimidating at first, but he's a nice guy still." He reassures me, taking my hand in his and squeezing it slightly. I shoot him a doubtful look, but he just smiles and continues "Also, I'm with you and if somebody tries to make you uncomfortable, I'll kick him out of the band." He smirks at me. I laugh at him, it's no real laughter, more like a forced one. But I appreciate that he tries to take my nervousness away.

I'm really afraid they won't approve of me, although it seems like I already have Spencer's blessing, which is probably the most important one for Ry, but still...

Also, I'm kinda excited, because, damn, those people are part of my favourite band. But the other reason is definitely more important!

"Hey Bren, don't worry. You convinced me and I'm the worst of us. So, seriously, you got this." Ryan rips me from my thoughts and gives me one last assurance, before we enter the studio building.

We take the elevator to the 13th floor and then we are in front of a red door. All I can think of is how I want to paint it black. Before I can concentrate on the real danger behind said door, Ry smiles at me and opens it to step in. I follow after him and stand in a big room full of instruments. There are several guitars on the wall, some basses, a drum kit in one corner, a keyboard, wow even an accordion.

In one corner of the room is a door to the recording area and in the other are a bunch of couches and armchairs, plus a little coffee table in the middle of the couch circle.

In one armchair I recognize Spencer playing with his phone whilst smiling like an idiot. My suggestion: he's texting Jon, I gotta ask him later. Pete and Patrick are sitting on the same couch seemingly in a hot discussion about something music related as far as I could hear them.

The last person in the room sits in an armchair and reads a music magazine, not recognizing anybody around him. I think that is Zack, their bodyguard or something. Well, I guess so, but Ryan will surely introduce them to me.

Next to me Ryan clears his throat and tries to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone." He says and surprisingly he gains everyone's attention, even Zacks. Wow, he really must be the alpha dog in the band, or at least he gets respected by everybody.

"Meet Brendon... my boyfriend." He says and raises our entwined hands as a symbol for us being together and – HOLD THE FUCK ON! Did he just introduce me as his boyfriend?! Well, I guess that answers my question, but how did he know and I didn't? "Brendon, those are Patrick, Pete, Zack and you know Spencer already." "Hey, buddy." Spence says without even looking up from his phone. Wow, must be an intense conversation with Jonny boy. "Hi." I say to the rest of them and get a couple of hello's back.

Then I turn to Ryan and he shines brighter than the sun itself. Seems like he's showing off the most important prize he owns, which makes my heart flutter. Am I really that precious to him? He looks at me too and his smile even widens if that is possible. "Okay, guys, what are we doing today?" Ryan asks so enthusiastically, the others seem kind of startled. How odd.

Hope you liked that, I thought the idea of Ryan showing Brendon of was cute. :)