What is this weird feeling?

Requested By: rebekah_komorebi

Pairing: Jason Todd x reader fluff

Prompt: Reader surprises Jason with a dog. Fluff!

Date written/Published: 17/2/2018

Y/N's pov

Even though me and Jay didn't celebrate Valentine's Day as he spent the day cracking a drug deal on Black Mask. He kinda forgot about it, however, he mentioned a while ago that he wanted a dog.

Now, today, I decided to go to the nearest dog shelter to take in a dog. Kinda my belated gift to Jason. As I wander into the shelter, the kind shelter volunteer gave me a welcoming smile.

"Welcome to Gotham City's dog shelter, how may I help you?" The old woman smiled. I smiled back before wandering closer to the reception desk.

"Hello, I'm here to adopt a dog. It's a present for my boyfriend as he's always talks about taking one in from the shelters." I explain politely. Hints of adoration flutters in the woman's eye. Smile gestured for me to follow her into the back, where the lonely dogs were kept. My heart broke at the sight. Too many dogs were being left on the horrifying streets of Gotham.

My feet holted in front of a pen with an adorable dog. It was a pug puppy.

"Um...Miss-" I trailed off, hoping that she would hear me.

"Pierce. Have you found one that you'll like to adopt?" Miss Pierce questioned as she strolled forwards to where I was. Nodding my head, I looked down at the adorable pug as he gave me the 'save-me-from-this-place'. 

"Ah. This adorable boy hasn't got a name yet, my dear. You and your special boyfriend can pick the name." She offered as she carefully lifted the small pug up.

-----time skip-----

It's late at night and Jason't not even home yet. Guess he is finishing up his patrol. Currently, I'm in the kitchen with our new puppy, feeding him some dog food whilst cooking a lasagna for Jason and I.

"Baby, I'm home!" Jason's voice echoes through the apartment.  Quickly and stealth-like, I hid the puppy away in one of the cupboards with his dog bowl. After closing the door, I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me close to someone's rock hard chest. Blushing, I turned around to face Jason.

"You're home!" I wrapped my arms around him, holding him like he was going to slip through my fingers. He chuckled and lifted me up onto the counter. He smiled and went into a cupboard when I heard a small bark.

Looking down at Jason, I saw the puppy he held in his arms; a childish grin and adoration within his eyes. Did I put the pug in the bread cupboard? Of course I had to do that...

"(Y/n), what is this?" Jason questioned as he stood back up.

"Well, um, since you weren't here for Valentine's Day, I kinda adopted a puppy. Like you mentioned that you wanted one." I rambled on until Jason's chapped lips planted themselves on mine.

"I'm gonna name him Jaws." He grinned and hugged the lovable pug.

Who knew Jason cares so much about dogs?

First request.

Next: Damian Wayne x reader (Requested by: haruhikirishiki_)

After that: Jonathan Crane x reader (Requested by: Me aka No one)