Laughing Love

I'm combining two requests together as they are similar. I've only decided this today so I do apologise to both if you don't like it.

Requested By: haruhikirishiki_ and jxnn_hxdgsxn_03

Pairing: Damian Wayne x Reader

Prompt: The reader is the daughter of the Joker and Harley Quinn. (Request 1) Has no choice but to do as her parents say. They fall in love and Damian saves her. Prompt based on the song "Rewrite The Stars" - Zac Effron and Zendaya. (Request 2)

Date published/written: 23/2/2018

Y/N's pov

My name is (Your name) Quinzel, the daughter of The Joker and Harleen Quinzel, also known as Harley Quinn. It's my life to be a villain, yet I don't want to be. I want to live an ordinary life. So, here I am, sitting on a crate, watching my parents and their goons construct a death trap for the Bat family.

Suddenly, a hand covers my mouth, dragging me into the shadows. Panic fills my body as I try to turn around to face my captor. Once we reached the rooftop, he uncovered my mouth. Whipping around to face him, I saw it was Robin.

"What are you doing!" I yelled at him. My parents were going to beat me if I wasn't there. He was staring blankly like I was going insane...probably am.

"I was trying to save you. What the hell was you thing I was going to do?" He calmly spoke as he moved closer to me. Sighing, I turned away.

"Arkham." I mumbled.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
But fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

Robin just moved closer. He went to grab my hand but I moved it away. Silence surrounded us as we faced each other, our eyes locking on to one another. He mumbled the words, but I heard him. Did he love me? How is that possible? I'm just a girl with psychotic parents.

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

Tears flooded my eyes as he pulled me close to him. I cried my heart out, I never wanted this life at all. Psychotic laughter filled the air as we turned to face my dad. Fear took over and I hid behind Robin. A growl emitted from his throat as he drew his katana. 

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

The fight broke out. Robin fought against my parents. However, my mom grabbed me by my arm and dragged me away. I attempted to fight back but all my attempts failed. Joker was yelling orders for her to take me home. I kicked and screamed for Robin to save me. Over the years, I realised that Robin was my only hope of escape...and I slowly fell in love with him. I know he was never going to return the emotions but I want to be at least friends with him.

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

"Oh darling, he's only going to take you to Arkham." Dad laughed as he punched Robin to the ground. I screamed as I elbowed my mother in the stomach, causing her to release me. Sprinting over to Robin, I helped him up. Stumbling up, he grabbed me by my waist before grappling to another building.

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you

He's talking about escaping forever. Running away with him to wherever we want to go. I looked at him shocked. He's talking about having a normal life: going to school, finding love, finding hope.

"It feels impossible"  I say to him.

"It's not impossible"  He replies as he points to the horizon.

"Is it impossible?"  I question as I'm resting my head upon his chest. His arm is wrapped around my waist.

Say that it's possible

How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours

He pulls me in close, his finger lifting my chin up. Our lips connect causing fireworks to explode within me. He stole my first kiss...wait, does he feel the same about me?

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and
My hands are tied

"I'm sorry, Robin. I...They'll come after me." I trembled at the thought.

"The Joker and Quinn are in Arkham. They won't hurt you. You can live with me and my family, (Your name)." He blurted out, his large gloved hand still holding on to mine, "I can't let you go."

I stood their shocked but my heart pounded against my rib cage. Wrapping my arms around him, we stayed like this until darkness came over me.

 Next: Jonathan Crane x reader

After that: Damian Wayne x reader