Wait! You can be gentle?

Requester: WolfrixChan

Pairing: Jason Todd x Child! Reader

Prompt: At an early age, Jason found the reader abandoned in an alleyway. He took you in as his daughter and cared for you. Unlike with other people, Jason was kind and gentle with you. He taught you how to fight - he wanted the best for you. Few Years later - he introduces you to the bat family. Damian is 13 in the one shot and two years old than the reader.

He found you, lying in your pink blanket which was wrapped around you quite tightly. You screamed bloody murder. All you wanted was your parents but they didn't want you. They left you in a Gotham City alleyway, to be exact - Crime Alley. Jason found you. He took you in and started to raise you.

Everybody who knew Jason, knew that he wasn't the kind and gentle person who you grew up to know. No. He was violent, rough and had a temper. All Jason wanted for you was the best. He changed for you. Only for you. He saved up so you could have a phone, he changed his whole demeanour around you but not others. He was still the cold-hearted child who attempted to steal the batmobile tyres when he was eight.

All you reminded him of was a song called 'Dear Theodosia' by Hamilton. It fitted the pair of you well. Every night, since he laid eyes on your helpless baby self, he sang this song. Today was no different...this was eleven years later. What you and Jason didn't know was that Bruce sang this song to Damian everytime he was heartbroken or down. (Bruce is bold italic, Jason is italic)

Dear Theodosia, what to say to you?
You have my eyes. You have your mother's name

When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart

I'm dedicating every day to you
Domestic life was never quite my style
When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart
And I thought I was so smart

You will come of age with our young nation
We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you
If we lay a strong enough foundation
We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you
And you'll blow us all away...
Someday, someday
Yeah, you'll blow us all away
Someday, someday

Oh Philip, when you smile I am undone
My son
Look at my son. Pride is not the word I'm looking for

There is so much more inside me now
Oh Philip, you outshine the morning sun
My son
When you smile, I fall apart
And I thought I was so smart
My father wasn't around

I swear that
I'll be around for you.

I'll do whatever it takes
I'll make a million mistakes

  [Jason/Bruce]
I'll make the world safe and sound for you...
...will come of age with our young nation
We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you

If we lay a strong enough foundation
We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you
And you'll blow us all away...
Someday, someday
Yeah, you'll blow us all away
Someday, someday

He cared so much for you...like you were his biological daughter. When you were three, he officially adopted you. He taught you how to fight and defend yourself. So his thirty year old self and your eleven year old self were stood outside Wayne Manor. You were finally going to meet his...your family.

"Master Todd, it has been a while." An old man, in his seventies, answered the door before his gaze met yours. You quickly hide behind Jason's long leg, "Who's the young miss?"

"Al, meet my adopted daughter, (Name). (Name) meet Alfred Pennyworth, a friend and butler to the Waynes as well as your great grandfather." He responded. You cautiously revealed yourself to him and offered your hand. Alfred shook it with a gentle smile. He let the pair of you in and trailed behind you to the huge living room.

Everyone's gaze met Jason's then yours. All of them were shocked. Jason just smirked.

"Todd, explain this!" The younger boy, who looked around your age, demanded as he stood up. All the men in the room had slick back raven hair, whereas your father had messy raven hair with a ghostly white streak in it.

"Demon Spawn, guys, ladies and old man meet my adopted daughter, (name). (Name) meet your Uncle Dick, Uncle Tim, Uncle Damian, Aunt Barbara, Aunt Steph, Aunt Cass and your Gramps." Your father did the introductions whilst gesturing to everyone. You already knew about Jason's identity so you assumed that they had ones too.

That night, you two stayed at the manor, having a somewhat of a family reunion. This was the family you always wanted.

Final session 1 request: Jason Todd x reader

Information on the Villain event and next session of requests will be at the end of next one shot.