We need to fight this

This one shot is very topical, especially with everything going on, i.e. Corona Virus. This is something we all need to tackle TOGETHER as a worldwide community. The number of people who try to get out of wearing a mask (excluding the ones who truly are exempt from wearing a mask due to a medical condition)or trying to get around the rules that shops and restaurants put in place is very disturbing. The aim of the chapter is to inform. I'm not saying that everyone is not doing this, because they aren't. This is aimed at the minority who are being intolerant and are acting selfish instead of saving lives.

Sorry for this rant but I'm fed up of seeing Karens and Kevins argue with employees who are only doing what they've been told to do and is apart of their job. I urge everyone to follow their government guidelines (for me, I'm following the England's government's guidelines) or ones that have been scientifically proven (like wearing a mask). This isn't only a matter of just protecting yourself; this is about protecting our loved ones, our friends, our families, our peers and the vulnerable. We need to fight this together. Thank you for actually reading this if you have and I apologise for ranting, but it needed to be done.

Pairing: None - this includes all of the batfamily and the villains

Prompt: The current situation we're in - a pandemic.

At Wayne Manor ---

Alfred wandered through the manor and into the main living room, where the majority of the family was residing for the day. The old butler was finding it difficult to keep himself sane, especially since he wasn't able to leave the manor. The pandemic had not only forced him to stay on the manor's grounds, but the others had been making sure he had been staying on the grounds.

Bruce, Tim, Damian and Duke were in the living room, watching the depressing news that was going on. The father sighed, knowing that it was affecting all of them in both of their careers. He had to make changes to how they patrolled and how they could protect themselves during this. Jason, Duke, Cass and Stephanie were the only ones he didn't need to worry about a mask - they were fully safe in that department.

"Don't even think about it, Pennyworth. We all agreed that we would take turns doing the grocery shopping each week. We want you to remain healthy and safe." Damian commented, not bothering to turn his attention away from the television screen. He could sense Alfred's presence and his comment made the butler sigh.

The whole family took extra precautions when it came to protecting everyone. Dick, Jason and Tyler all had their own apartments and used each other as support bubbles, especially since Tyler and Jason lived next to each other. Cass and Stephanie were living in Stephanie's apartment and Barbara was staying with her father, only going to the clocktower during patrol times. All decided to do a zoom call with one another every Friday evening, before going on patrol. Everyone made sure to update each other during this time too.

Bruce made sure that all his loved ones had everything necessary: hand sanitizer, hand cream, food, water, etc... Patrol had some improvements also. Everyone was required to wear masks, keeping at least six foot away unless they lived together, but even then the others made sure to keep their distance just to ensure their identities were safe. They used the same routes for patrol, reversing the way every two or four days.

This, brings us back to present day. Damian stood up and looked at the elderly butler, "Have you read everything in the library? Have you read each and every file in the batcave?" He asked only to receive silence, "I recommend you read those before we get stuck at the boredom problem." With that, the young Wayne left.

Today was Bruce's turn to go grocery shopping. He stood up and wandered to get himself ready: latex gloves, mask, hand sanitizer, hand cream. He had it all. The elder Wayne bid farewell to the group before he hopped into his car and drove out of the manor's premises. As he was driving through the city, he took in every single change.