Kidnapped

Pairing: Tim Drake x Batgirl! Reader

Requested By: 1-800-URANIA

Prompt: The reader and Tim are in a romantic relationship, with an 8 ish year old kid. During a school day, one of them gets a call saying that their child was kidnapped. They have to go on a search to find the kid.

Extra info: The reader is 25, Tim is 26 and the kid (James) is 7. Tim is also the CEO of Wayne Enterprises and in this, Bruce Wayne is missing with Dick Grayson as Batman.

It was one of those days, you know. Ones where you know something bad was going to happen but you choose to ignore it, only for it to result in a something worse to spawn.

Today felt like one of those days for the Drakes. Tim was sat in his office, typing up the latest reports and overlooking the finalisation of some contracts when he received the call. The call was from his son, James' school.

"Mr Drake, this is Mrs Greenwood, James' teacher. The school went into lock-down when we received a call that the Riddler was marching towards the school. Unfortunately, he managed to get into the building and took James hostage before anyone could get to him. I truly am sorry for failing my duty as his teacher." Mrs Greenwood informed him before apologising profusely, her voice strained from the crying she did.

"Thank you for informing me. We'll get him back, I'll promise that. For now, we have to stay calm in this situation and see if we can track him." Tim calmly tells her, even though he was freaking out. Seriously, Nygma managed to break out of Arkham only to kidnap his son. He could tell she was fearing for his response, "This wasn't your fault, Mrs Greenwood. There was nothing you could have done. Don't worry, we'll get James back."

After ending the call, he called Lucius to tell him to tell his PA to rearrange all his meetings for the next three days. He was going to need as much time as possible. To Tim, it would probably on take a day or two. the extra day was to make sure that James wasn't going to be traumatised. The hardest part he had to do was to tell his wife. Oh boy, she was going to freak out and Nygma wasn't going to escape his wrath.

Grabbing his coat, he rushed out of the office, heading down to his car. Jumping in, Tim started the engine and drove off towards the centre of Gotham, where his wife worked at a local help centre. He parked outside and wandered in, hoping to see his wife.

(Name) was with a young boy, around the age of 5, teaching him the basics of the alphabet. It was always in her blood to help people, even out of the uniform. Tim saw how happy and carefree she was, especially when helping people. However, her gaze met her husband's terrified ones. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stood up, excusing herself from the young boy's company.

"Tim, is everything okay? You seemed stressed." (Name) questioned, wandering over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. He, in response, wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight.

"Nygma. James. Car. Now." Tim told her in summary. It confused her but nevertheless, she got her stuff in a hurry and clocked out. Once in the car, Tim explained everything that had happened. To say that (Name) wasn't furious was an understatement, that anger could put Superman in his place.

When they arrived at the manor, the couple rushed down to the batcave and quickly changed into their uniforms. The Drakes were no more. Red Robin and Batgirl were on a war path and nothing and no one is stopping them.  Dick glanced between the two as they huddled around the bat computer, running scans across the city.

Dick sighed, having drawn the conclusion that something went down. Both had lost their usual calm persona and gained the aggressive vigilante momentum. He carefully watched the two frantically work until a phone rang out echoing across the entire cave.

By now, Jason, Damian and Alfred, with Titus and Ace in toe, had made their way down into the cave and stood by Dick. Tim immediately picked up his wife's phone, answering it immediately.

"What can run but never walk, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?" Edward Nygma asked the couple but before he could answer, a small voice in the background answered 'River'. The couple sighed in relief, hearing their son's voice but quickly began to track the location from where the call was happening from.

"Just shut up! Seriously, now you're ruining the fun behind the riddles!" Riddler yelled at the boy, who let out a chuckle. He certainly took his father's intelligence. In the background, Jason was holding back his laughter, he had never heard Riddler so annoyed before. Maybe with him when he was Robin but never with anyone else.

As soon as they got a location, Tim hung up. He knew he shouldn't but Nygma wouldn't even notice. The two got onto a bike (the same bike) and drove off together.

"So our son just managed to p*ss off Riddler. That certainly sounds like you." (Name) comments with a smirk dancing on her lips as she planted a kiss on his shoulder before resting her head on it.

"I have to admit, that was pretty funny but James is smart. He's just buying us as much time as we need." Tim responded to his wife's comment as they pulled up at the docks. The two hopped off and grappled up to the rooftop. They peered inside and saw an amusing sight.

Their son was bound to a chair by ropes. He had a slightly carefree and cocky expression on his face, something he inherited from his mother. Riddler, on the other hand, was pulling his hair out and yelling at the boy. The goons were quietly laughing at the seen in front of them.

"Right, what is so fragile that -" Riddler begins before James interrupts him.

"Silence. Easy." He comments, a smirk dancing on his lips before he lets out a yawn.

"Stop interrupting, child! I'm being serious! You're ruining all the fun!" The villain yelled, groaning after being interrupted for the umpteenth time, "But that's what you should be - silent!"

"Then stop asking boring, easy and stupid riddles then." James remarked back.

The two vigilantes shared a look of being a proud parent before they crashed through the skylight, landing in front of their son. The two began to fight the goons, whilst Riddler on the other hand, was relieved to see the two, mumbling that they'll take him away from the kid.

(Hero name) swiftly knocked out a defeated Riddler before running and untying her son. She wrapped him up in his arms, smiling, "I am so proud of you, my baby boy. You managed to annoy him just like your father." She comments, smiling.