A conundrum, my dear!

Requester: PrincessBlue245

Pairing: Riddler x reader

Prompt: Find out as the story goes on. It's long.

No one's perspective

You were travelling to Gotham City for a vacation away from boring school work. (Name) attended Lynchburg College, in Lynchburg Virginia, studying fashion. You dreams of being a Fashion Designer in her adulthood. Anyways, to her, Gotham always seemed like an interesting place even thought it had an aggressive reputation.

You're strolling through the empty streets, which to you, seemed unusual during the dawn period. Your hair blew in the gentle breeze as you glanced around. Expecting no one to really be there, you were shocked to find a lanky man; about the same age as you, with hazel brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He gave you a warm smile, which melted your heart to your core, before wandering over to you.

"Hello, my dear, I haven't seen you around before." He states observantly, before sticking his hand in front of him, "Edward Nygma but people call me The Riddler." He introduces himself with a child-like grin.

"I'm (Full name), but my friends call me (Nickname)." You replied back, smiling. You could tell by his nickname that he was fascinated with riddles. "What costs nothing but is worth everything, weighs nothing, but it can last a lifetime, that one person can't own, but two or more can share?" She questioned. His face glowed with delight as he perked up. Nygma's eyes glimmered with happiness and benevolence.

"Friendship! You like riddles too!" He cheered before wrapping his arms around her. Leaning down, he whispered in her ear, "It could happen to anyone, it starts with the taken and ends up with the most deaths. What am I?" Now, that was a terrible riddle but I think he was attempting to think of one on the spot.

"Kidnap." Her eyes widen as the words tumbled off her tongue. Before she could react, a cloth covered her mouth and nose. Struggling, she fought to get out but failed. (Name) let the drug take over.

---time skip---

You woke up in a room. The walls were decorated with a bold blue whilst the carpet was a light blue. It contained some of your favourite hobbies; books on riddles, fiction books, a wardrobe full of branded clothes, flowers of all sorts scattered the room too.

Glancing around, your mind wandered to the door which had opened. Nygma stood by the door, holding a blue stuffed bear and a tray of food. Over a period of time, you fell in love with the man who kidnapped you.

Over the period of time you were trapped with Nygma, he brought you gifts: from puzzles books to flowers to stuffed animals. And over the time, your emotions grew for the lanky enigmatic male. What you didn't know was that he grew and developed feelings for you. He visited you everyday until you gained his trust. That trust gave you freedom to roam around the mansion he stole from a wealthy couple. By stole, he means killed the couple.

One day, one day everything changed. He simply asked you three riddles:

"I can start a war or end one, I can give you the strength of heroes or leave you powerless, I might be snared with a glance, but no force can compel me to stay. What am I?"

"The rich men want it, the wise know it, the poor all need it, and the kind men show it. What am I?"

The answer was simple, elegant, a beautiful remain of the misunderstood monster in front of you. Love.

"What three words are said too much, yet not enough?" He smile turned into a smirk. He knew it. You knew it. Hell, even the creepy cat who stares at you by the window knew it.

"I love you." You smiled, placing a kiss on his cheek. His smile reached his ears.

"You missed, my dear." His words confused you completely. What did you miss? He leaned down, his lips landing on yours.

Hopefully, it stuck to the request as it was quite long.

Please leave your requests as they are open. No one has really requested anything.