New Years Day!

Prompt: New Years Day/ 1st January

Warning! Swearing involved.

Life is always surprising: turning the expected events into surprising mysterious situations. For example, you could be taking on the Joker and actually winning...until you get cocky and trip up over a box of mechanical dentures.

Yeah...life can be very bitchy at times.

No matter what happens in life, the bat family have been through hell and back, without breaking a sweat. Both Damian Wayne and Jason Todd have crawled and clawed their way out from the fiery pits of Hell (Stubborn butts.)

Now, it's the last day of the year, 31st December 2018, a day where this crazy dysfunctional family reunite and celebrate their accomplishments. 

Alfred, the beloved British butler, was always grateful for having a job and being apart of the family. Throughout three generations of serving the Waynes, he has witness Bruce grow into his own person who was battling between grief and anger towards his parents' murder. He observed Bruce turn himself into a brutal vigilante, scaring aliens and gods a-like. Alfred Pennyworth was grateful for being alive and able to witness the wonders of the Wayne family sprout into influential Gotham citizens.

Bruce, the leader and father, was never great at showing his emotions during the latter stages of his life (especially after his parents' murder).  When life was tough, he persevered; powering through the hate and the constant battering during his night time hobby. He was thankful for his mind to persuade him to adopt these kids and become an amazing father, even if some of them don't exactly express it. Bruce Wayne was thankful for having his family.

Dick, the eldest of the children, was the most cheerful out the lot. His cheery attitude always shined through the darkness in the batcave and Manor, always forcing everyone to bring the happiness to the dull party. No matter what the situation was, he would put a smile on everyone's face...including Damian. Dick Grayson was grateful of having some crazy brothers that were always such company to be around.

Jason, the rebel of the children, never really demonstrated his emotions even to his lover. His exterior covered up the painful past and the fearful truth of the future. His nightmares haunted his dreams, terrorising his brain. However, the family supported him immensely. They were always there to listen to him...to comfort him from the dangerous memories. Jason Todd was grateful of his comforting annoying brothers.

Tim, the coffee addict, was never the most social person.  He was one of those people who pushed the limits but remained in the shadows. Coffee was his friend, always there for him when times were agonising, depression and anxiety kicking in. Everyone in the family knew that he needed support, almost everyone offered him support and anything to get him back to his normal self. Tim Drake was filled with gratitude for having coffee...maybe his family as well.

Damian, the little ninja of the family, was more stoic and secretive than anyone in the family. He was a materialistic, trained male who took no one's shit. He fought against everyone in his family. However, he was appreciative that they were there for him. They gave him such purpose in life when his mother couldn't. Damian Wayne was appreciative that his family gave him something that no one couldn't...love.

Next year will be interesting. A very interesting 2019 indeed. More criminals will rise above the streets of Gotham, heroes will crawl out the burning flames to fight crime and more mysteries will be revealed.

Happy New Year from the Bat family, the Wayne Family and of course, the animals that Damian Wayne had adopted.

Hope you guys have an amazing 2019. Like the back end of 2018, The majority of 2019 will be slow since my exams are coming up in May and June and I really need to revise. 2019 will be an amazing year and we'll plough through it together.

-Tyler

P.S. I posted this at 7.50pm on 31st December 2018 since I'm busy on New Years Day.