Phobias

Requested By: No one. I wanted more Jonathan Crane stuff to read as there isn't much on him.

Pairing: Jonathan Crane x Reader

Prompt: The reader is a student at Gotham university and studying psychology. Jonathan Crane has recently started out as Scarecrow, however, has taken interest in a student. See what happens.

(Y/n)'s pov

As I enter my psychology class, I notice that there were only a few students there. Normally, psychology is a popular subject which jocks and sluts usually take to not get any hard work. Guess this year is different. Glancing at the professor's desk, I notice that many of the transfer forms had been taken, yet I couldn't see the professor.

Taking a seat at the front of the class, I focused on the board. The bell rang, signalling that the lesson had started. The teacher had strolled in. Glancing at him: he had ocean blue eyes which glimmered the still waves; his shaggy brown hair which fell over his eyes, his suit wrapped around his lanky body and his black rimmed glasses balanced on the bridged of his nose.

Placing his briefcase on to the desk, he pulled out sheets of paper and handed them out to the class. Once returning to the board, he took the white chalk into his hand and wrote Dr. Jonathan Crane on the black board.

"I'm Doctor Jonathan Crane, also known as Professor Crane to you. I am your psychology teacher for the years you are at Gotham University. The sheet I have given you has the syllabus which will be covered this year. This year, you can become a psychiatrist if you pass the course. Our first topic that we will be covering in this month is Phobias." Professor Crane spoke. His eyes lit up when he spoke about Phobias. Turning back to the board he wrote a few phobias.

"Anthropophobia. What is the fear?" He questioned. The room fell into silence until a girl put her hand up.

"Erm...the fear of space?" Susan, I think, stuttered. Crane tutted in disappointment.

"Sorry miss Parker, but that is incorrect. Anyone else?" He asked. Raising my hand, I felt a bit of confidence enter my body, "Yes, (Miss/Mr.) (Last name)."

"The fear of people or society. It's the more extreme version of Anthrophobia." I explained. A ghost smile appeared on his face.

"Correct. Anyone tell me what Formidophobia is?" He questioned. Again, the class stayed silent, until I raised my hand again.

"The fear of Scarecrows. In the Gotham Gazette, it rumours that the Scarecrow has formidophobia, however, it hasn't been scientifically been proven or stated by the villain himself." I explained. His smile appeared on his face, which a few gasps where let off in the room.

"Correct again, (Miss/Mr.) (Last name). Please do tell me what chiropterophobia is." He questioned, leaning over his desk with hints of amusement and interest.

"The fear of bats." I answered before the bell rung. We started to pack away.

"Your assignment tonight is to write down ten phobias which are similar to your fears, as well as someone else's. It's due in two days as you don't have a lecture with me tomorrow." He explained as everyone piled out, including me.

Crane's pov

That (boy/girl). They impress me. Their knowledge of phobias intrigues me dearly. Maybe s/he should be my next test. Also, maybe Scarecrow should pay her a little visit.

This is going to be a part two!

Up next: Damian Wayne x reader

After that: Damian Wayne x sister! reader (two requests are being combined together)