Stitches

Requester: Starlight6500

Pairing: Damian Wayne x reader

Prompt: They didn't request any prompt, but I'm basing this on the song Stitches by Shawn Mendez, however, the cover version by State Champs.

They thought that they had it all. No pain, no hatred. All happiness and lovey dovey romance. You could say that they were the perfect couple within Gotham Academy. That's what everyone thought. Until they were gone. Both of them. Vanished. Without a trace.

I thought that I'd been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

No one knew of their alter egos; Robin and (Superhero name). Protectors of Gotham. Who needed the bat anyways? They always thought it was fun to take on criminal scums.

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

However, one night changed everything. That one night, Gotham was silenced completely. Everything crumbled beneath them. Horrifying sights of corpses torn to shreds.

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Tripping over myself
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

They came across the Gotham Rogue Gallery: Joker, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Riddler, Firefly, Killer Moth and Ra's Al Ghul. Blood drenched the villains' hands as they laughed manically. Blood dripped everywhere, yet the bat family wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Just like a moth drawn to a flame
Oh, you lured me in, I couldn't sense the pain
Your bitter heart cold to the touch
Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own

(Superhero name) fought valiantly against Freeze and Riddler, however they were outnumbered. Extremely outnumbered. Praying for hope, they turned to a spotlight. The rest of the bat family were there. Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Batgirl, Spoiler, Black Bat and Batwing. Even the Weapon.

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

Damian took a breath. He accepted that this was the end. An invisible tear slipped down his cheek as he held his beloved's hand for the last time. Both of them knew that this was the end. Screams from the family were muffled as they kept fighting.

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Tripping over myself,
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

They never gave up. Both took a beating and both fought back.

[x3:]
Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread,
Gonna wind up dead

Needle and the thread,
Gotta get you out of my head, get you out of my head

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees (falling on my knees)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches (and I'll be needing stitches)
Tripping over myself,
Aching, begging you to come help (begging, "Baby, please.")
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

Bruce's yell as he watched the fight continue. He knew as well that they weren't going to make it. (Your name) gasped as they glanced down at their stomach, a single stab wound by a sword. Ra's sword removed itself as he smirked with satisfaction. Their body collapsed and their hand fell from Damian's. They gasped for air, coughing up blood. Damian saw blood. He charged at Ra's, who sliced open his stomach. Instantly Damian collapsed next to his beloved. He gripped their hand, both coughing and trying to hold on to their last breath.

(And now that)
I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
(And now that)
I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches  

The family screamed and struggled to escape, but never happened. The rogues cheered as they wandered away.

"I love you, Beloved." Damian spoke, tears streaming down his face.

"I love you too, Dami." (Your name) responded as you painfully moved closer to Damian. He held you in his arms. Bruce managed to escape, sprinting over to the couple. Tears pouring out. He called for an ambulance but he knew that it was too late. They lost too much blood.

(Your name)'s eyes fluttered closed. Damian, in agony, screamed. They broke him. He lost you. Soon, he followed them. Darkness consumed them.

Bruce yelled out in frustration and pain. No one dared spoke: the girls cried, Nightwing comforted Weapon as she collapsed of disbelief, Red Hood and Red Robin stood there in shock. 

After the funeral was held for the heroes, no one was the same. Bruce was more distant with everyone. He dismissed Alfred and became more brutal when he went on patrol. Dick was still coming to grips with the facts that his baby brother and friend were gone. Tyler told someone about Alfred and the person gave Alfred a job, but Tyler disappeared into the shadows. The girls continued on with their lives and gave up their hero careers. Tim moved to Chicago to build his company. Jason travelled with the Outlaws.

No one dared go back to the Manor. Not until the day...the day they all broke down and became a family again. The day of Damian Wayne and (Your full name).

And no one forgot what they did that day. The pair broke the noise and silenced Gotham.

Next up:  The Riddler x Reader

After that: Jason Todd x reader