Chapter 3

Next morning, I sat eating breakfast taking my time to due so. I didn't have class until nine and at most I just needed to play piano before it began. I had only just taking my second bite when someone pulled out the chair beside me. I looked up to see who it was, but I already had a pretty good idea of who it might be. The only person who had showed any kind of interest in me since I got here. Jimin.
Sure, enough Jimin's smiling face was looking at me as he sat down. He put his tray next to mine and I wondered why he hadn't chosen the chair in front me, instead of the one right next to me.

"Good morning." He said a tad to morning fresh for me. Though you couldn't help but to smile a little in return.

"Morning." I said and moved a little away, so we weren't glued together. I wasn't really a morning person and I rarely uttered a word before ten, but I didn't think the nod I would usually do, would go with Jimin.

"Are you going to play piano again?" He asked as he started to eat. I took a bite myself trying to figure out what the hell to answer. If it had been anyone else I would have asked why he cared or some other snarky remark, but this was Jimin and I guess only the Gods knew why he got under my skin.

"Yeah I'll see if I can make it before class." My voice sounded before I could even have decided to just tell him yes, without a clarification about when. I nearly sighed at myself, why couldn't I just treat him like any other person and rush him along and wait for him to get bored with me.

"Can I come?" He asked clearly hesitant. I really didn't want him to, but I had already let him down once before, and I wasn't interested in seeing his sad face again. "You don't have to teach me how to play and I promise I'll be really, really quiet. I just want to listen." He looked at me with these eyes that reminded me of a puppy. I sighed and made a decision, I wasn't sure was the right one.

"Sure, you can come along." I said which made Jimin smile if possible even brighter. He let out a little yay and I swear if I didn't have advanced skills in not smiling, he would have made me smile right there. We finished breakfast with Jimin doing most of the talking before we headed to the music room. However, when we got there, there was a class going and Jimin looked sincerely disappointed.

"Then I don't know, do you want to come to the library with me? I have some homework, that's dying to me made." He asked me with his head tilted lightly to the right and I mean how could I really say no to that. So I followed him to library where we found a table, that wasn't directly out in the open. He took out his books while I wasn't sure what to do. I had finished my homework after I returned to my room the day before, trying my hardest not to think about, what Namjoon had done to make his lips so swallowed up. Jimin began with his homework while I looked around, trying my best not to stare at Jimin but failing only eight seconds later. He was frowning just a little as he was concentrating. He pushed the end of his pencil up on his lips, making me question just about everything I knew about cute boys. "Yoongi can I ask you a question?" Jimin asked while I cleared my throat embarrassed by having stared at him for so long.

"Sure." I said, when in reality I was feeling more unsure.

"Why does people say that you're cold? Like they say you don't talk much and you always keep to yourself. Jin said it had always been like that." Jimin said it all while playing with the pen between his fingers. It wasn't exactly a question I thought I ever would get but then again, I never thought anyone would care enough to ask me. Now that someone did ask me I wasn't sure what to say, so I did what any sane person would do and avoided the question.

"Where do you know Jin from?" I asked hoping I would succeed.

"Oh, my roommate and I knows him from high school. We come from the same town, so he sometimes hangs out at our room." Jimin explained and I nodded like he had just told me something fascinating.

"What's your roommates name?" I asked continuing my little game of not answering.

"It's Taehyung. Why are you avoiding my questions?" Jimin said beating me at my game and making me sigh.

"I have been through some things I rather not discuss. Let's just say they haven't been good and I've gotten use to not seeing things from the bright side. I don't talk to a lot of people because honestly, I'm not sure what to talk about. I have lived a very uneventful life and I have nothing to contribute with in a conversation. I push people away and I try to feel as little as possible." I explained it as well as I could without having to go into detail. Jimin seemed to think it over in his mind, his eyes on the table like his next answer was written in it.

"Then why do you talk to me?" Now it was my turn to look at the table because I really hoped my next answer was written in it. When it seemed like the table had let me down, I came up with an answer I hoped didn't sound too harsh.

"Well you don't give up as easy as the others." I wasn't sure what exactly that comment meant. I wasn't sure if I wanted him to give up like the others or if I wanted him to fight.

"Do you want me to? Give up on you I mean." His voice was so soft, and I felt like I wrapped around in a blanket. Though I wasn't sure what to answer. It felt like an awfully deep conversation to have with a boy, who I had only known for a day.
I knew my answer would mean a lot for what to come in the future. If I told him to give up, no doubt he would do it. He would leave me alone and I would get back to the way I use to live my life. Though this was the first time in forever I felt like changing my ways. For the first time, everything didn't seem to hopeless or cold, and even though I knew I had to be careful, the warmth I got from him got be addicted.

"No. I don't want you to." I said looking into his eyes and I swear my anxiety was on holiday because despite this emotional moment, I felt fine.

"Then I won't." His eyes smiled with his mouth, making me look down and smile too. He was really something else. After that Jimin went back to studying and I decided to just read in a random book. Fifteen minutes later it was time for me to leave. I stood up and so did Jimin even though his class wasn't starting yet. "Hey, um Yoongi do you think that maybe we could go on a date this Friday?" He asked clearly nervous. I wasn't sure what to say I wasn't expecting that and it knocked me slightly off my feet. When I said I didn't want Jimin to give up on me, I didn't exactly mean this.

"A date?" I asked dumbfounded. Jimin got even more nervous and started stammering.

"I'm so sorry...sorry...I...I thought that you were...that you were gay...God I'm stupid. I just told you that I wouldn't give up on you and I go ahead and ruin it instead." The way his eyes flicked around the room and his nervous actions made me smile slightly. Was, people really allowed to be so damn cute?

"Jimin." My voice was softer than I think it had ever been. His eyes landed me, and I don't know why it made me feel extra brave. "I am gay, and I would like to go out with you. We can go out to eat." I said and Jimin's shoulders fell as he started to relax.

"Yeah that sounds good." Jimin said shyly.

"Listen I should get to class but we can figure out the details later alright?" Jimin nodded and I picked up my bag. "Alright see you around."

"See you." Jimin said with a smile he couldn't hide. I walked away, with a feeling I guess people called a fluttering heart, already counting down the two days left until Friday would come.