Chapter 11

The snow was falling outside as I sat in my room, fighting not to cry. I had just gotten off the phone with my parents, who told me that for Christmas, they would be going traveling alone, so it would be great if I could find some place to stay. I had pretty much kept it together in the phone, saying it would be no trouble at all. They suggested I could stay over at that boyfriend of mine, who I had mentioned once. I said I would figure something out and that was pretty much all there was to that. We hung up and I felt a lump in my throat. Christmas was only two weeks away and then they sprang that on me, no doubt having planned it for a while. I knew it shouldn't affect me so much but it did. After all they were my parents and in some level I loved them.
I stood up and dried a few escaped tears away. I put on my winter boots, my thick coat and headed out in the snow. I was suppose to meet Jimin, Taehyung, Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok at Jin's room. We had all hung out a couple of times and got along pretty well as a group. When I reached the room I took a deep breath as I knew I would be the last one to arrive. I knocked on the door and I could hear somebody get up to open it. It was Jimin who opened it smiling brightly at me. I smiled back and perked his lips. There was no reason to ruin this moment right now, I would talk to him later.
I made my way into the room and greeted the others. I took off my shoes as the others continued their conversation. Jimin knew me pretty well by now so of course he knew something was up. He looked at me basically with the look of a question mark. I took my jacket off and threw it over to the others.

"Are you okay?" He whispered as he pretended to fix my hoodie.

"I'm fine. I mean...let's just talk about it later, it's some family stuff." I didn't want to make him worried but it seemed I failed. His eyes shined with worry. So I kissed his nose and gave him a little smile. "Jimin it's nothing. Right now I just want to enjoy being with you and my friends." He slowly nodded seeming to relax a bit more and lead me to one of the beds. I sat against the wall with Jimin between my legs, his back pressed against my chest. Taehyung was on the bed too half lying down. On the other bed Namjoon and Jin were cuddled up in the same position as me and Jimin. Jin being in Namjoon's arms. Hoseok was on their bed too, talking about something.
I tried to tune into the conversation but it was bit harder than I expected. My mind kept drifting to my family and I felt instantly bad. For a final attempt to snap out of it I looked at Jimin. He was leaning his head on me and had grabbed my hands so my arms were wrapped tightly around him. Even though I couldn't really see his face, I could feel when he laughed against my chest. I knew he was happy. He was surrounded my friends who I'm pretty sure all loved him and a boyfriend who no doubt loved and adored him. If Jimin was happy I was happy too. It was all I could ask of life, for Jimin to be happy. I smiled slightly and finally was able to actually listen into the conversation.

"Don't worry Hoseok, you're going to blow her away." Jin assured Hoseok.

"Yeah she said yes to the date and trust me she is crazy about you." Namjoon said and I guessed it was about this girl Hoseok had a major crush on. He had wanted to ask her out for a while but had been way too nervous to do so. Last time we had all talked, we had told him he really should do it. I guess he had taken our advice.
When you saw the two of them together it was clear they had a thing for each other. She was always blushing around him and would get all nervous. It was kinda sweet.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Anyways I'm taking her out on Friday." He said and smiled goofy, clearly a man having a crush.

"I'm looking forward to hear about it." Taehyung said and we others agreed.

"Okay I'm getting hungry. Should we go out to eat?" Jin said when the conversation had died. We all agreed and put on our shoes and jackets. Jimin and I fell a little behind the group as we walked to the place.

"You seem like you're feeling a little better." Jimin said and squeezed my hand which were hidden in my coat pocket.

"Are you happy?" I asked instead of answering.

"Well yeah but what does it have to do with how you feel?" Jimin asked and frowned.

"If you're happy then I'm good." I said which earned me a kiss on the cheek. Though I knew the moment we came inside the restaurant that I had talked too soon. It was crowded and loud. People were talking, the kitchen was noisy and the music turned too high up. I felt my breath get caught in my throat and my palms became sweaty. I felt like everything was in slow-motion. I started to hyperventilate which Jimin of course noticed.

"Yoongi?" He asked me but it seemed twisted and far away. The whole thing with my family and this way too crowded place had tipped me over. On top of everything I was also feeling, tears started to make their way down my face. I felt someone drag me outside again. Being out from the place I started to calm down a little. Jimin grabbed my cheeks and made me look at him. "Yoongi breath. Take a deep breath in. Hold it for five seconds and breath out. Come on let's do it again. Think about the four things, that make you happy." Jimin, Jimin, Jimin, Jimin. Slowly I came completely down.

"Thanks." I said and just because I needed it I pulled him into a hug. He hugged me tightly back and it made me feel warm inside.

"Are you okay now?" He asked me and I nodded and moved away.

"Yeah but I need to tell you something." I said and took a deep breath. "My parents are going away for Christmas. They want to do it alone, they just called and told me. They didn't even ask if it was alright. I guess I'm taking it harder than I thought." I said and felt a sting in my heart.

"Oh babe I'm so sorry." Jimin said and pulled me in again. I thought I was going to cry but with him hugging me and stroking my back, I felt better. "Listen I'm going to talk to Taehyung real quick and then I'll come back." Jimin kissed my cheek and went inside. I took a few deep breaths and looked at the two of them talking inside. They looked at me and then Taehyung nodded. The others asked Jimin about something and Jimin answered before he walked out to me again.

"What's up?" I asked as he looked at me with shining eyes.

"You're coming home with me for Christmas, Taehyung and I already had plans to go home to me." Jimin said and smiled brightly. A little smile found it's own way to my lips and I kissed Jimin on the cheek.

"You're the best boyfriend in the whole world."  I said and put my hands on his waist to pull him in. He put his arms around my neck, looking sort of proud. "But are you sure your parents won't mind?"

"100% sure. They are always begging me to take you home, so they can meet you." Jimin said and pressed his forehead against mine. It was extremely cold outside so his cheeks and nose were all red.

"Thank you Jimin, really." I said and meant it. If I hadn't had Jimin, I would probably have stayed at the dorm or found some cheap motel to stay at.

"It's no problem. I love you." He whispered the last bit.

"I love you too." I said and leaned in. We kissed, warming each other's lips up. We stood like that for a good while, before we head someone clear their throat. It was Taehyung. They were all standing looking at us with food in their hands.

"Ready to go? We decided to just take it with us back to the dorm." Namjoon explained. Jimin had probably said something so I, didn't have to go in there again.

"Yup. We're ready." I said and took Jimin's hand and put them in my pocket. Jimin smiled at me as we walked back, I could finally be in the conversation too and I had one of the best nights of my life, being surrounded with people I loved and who loved me.