Chapter 22

I woke up feeling exhausted and sad. Flashes from last night kept playing in my head and brought tears in my eyes. I dried them away angry and turned around to see Namjoon lying in the other bed sleeping. I knew he would ask me to explain and he wouldn't understand why it was such a big deal.
No one would understand. They would all say I'm too hard on Jimin and I should forgive him. Though I didn't want to.
Jimin had known exactly what he did. He ambushed me and brought me into an uncertain situation. It was like telling me we were going on an airplane, and then in the air telling me we would have to jump from it, since it didn't land.
My stomach curled up again as I thought about how betrayed I felt. Maybe the two of us were too different. We had grown up in two different homes. He might not have had a lot of money growing up, but his family was tight. My family had enough money but we weren't tight at all.
Jimin was bright, happy and positive. He tried to see the best in every person. I was dull, sad, negative and assumed people to be uninteresting.
I guess it had really only been a matter of time before we would fall apart. Our differences too big to ignore.
I watched Namjoon slowly wake up and I sat up only to feel my head banging. I growled slightly and took some pills to make it go away. I lay down again and now Namjoon was fully awake. His eyes were worried and his mouth looking like it wanted to talk, but someone had stolen his voice.

"Whatever you have to say, just say it." I said my voice raspy from yelling and crying.

"Is it really the end for the two of you?" He asked as we each lay in our bed looking at each other.

"Yes." I said curtly.

"But bringing your parents to dinner, is that really that bad?" He asked me and I couldn't tell if he felt bad for Jimin, me or the both of us.

"Yes Namjoon it is." I said. He only knew my relationship with them wasn't all that good. He had no clue why. "Let me tell you something that only Jimin knows. I have anxiety, that's not news to you. I went to therapy and I talked about my family. How my dad makes homophobic comments all the time. How my mom talks condescending to me all the time. She comments how I look and how I'm not an open person. She used my anxiety and me going to therapy, like it was a subject about the weather. They weren't good parents. I was told I lived in a harmful environment and had to get out of there as soon as I could. It was too hard for me. So yes, Jimin bringing them to dinner without my permission might seem like a small thing to you, but to me, it's the biggest betrayal he could ever do. He brought the nightmares from my childhood into my life with no warning, after he had told me I was safe with him." I said it all harshly trying not to cry. Namjoon himself sat with tears in his eyes.

"Yoongi I'm really sorry. I had no idea." Namjoon said and I shook my head as much as I could while lying down.

"I don't need you to be sorry, I need you to understand why." I said taking a deep breath. "Understand why you can't let Jimin into our room. Understand why I broke up with him. In the end we are too different and it was only a matter of time before it caught up with us."

"I understand. I won't let Jimin into our room but...I'm going to be there for him too. He's still my friend." Namjoon said hesitant.

"Don't worry I know all of you will go with Jimin. I expect nothing from you guys since they won't know the whole truth behind it, and even if they did they would take Jimin's side because he's precious." I said with no real emotion behind the words besides it being true.

"We all love you and care for you equally." Namjoon tried to convince me but I knew it wasn't true.

"Whatever you say." I said and looked at the time. "You should go if you don't want to be late to class. I won't go to classes today." Namjoon sighed defeated but got up. I turned my back to him as he changed.