Magic kiss

"Your not okay Glenn" I carried him back to his cell, making sure he didn't fall or pass out on the way "I'm okay" he was sick and everyone who's been ill has become a walker. "Does Maggie know" it was a slow walk back and in all honesty he didn't look like he had the energy too walk, I put his arm over my shoulder and helped him back onto his bed " no and she's not gonna know" I sighed ... me and Hershel were the only ones who could really help anyone, we weren't going to get sick or spread the virus which means that we were the ones who had to tell rick how many and who exactly is ill, Maggie needs to know. "Please don't tell her brogan" I stopped in my track before leaving, the moon light was showing me what he actually looked like and from what I could see... he wasn't going to make it. "I promise" I passed him one of the blankets and walked out the room, it was too stuffy in the prison so I grabbed a blanket and a pillow and went outside. This wasn't going to go well for anyone.

I put the pillow against the log s and sat down, the sticks and branches went up in flames and I was the only one to admire it... the blanket was rapped around me tight and I held my self in my arms... I had pulled myself close and felt a tear escape my eye, Elisha was my hole world and she was going to be ripped away from me. The tears kept on falling and my eyes were sore and red, by the time I stopped crying the fire began to dry out and the sky was showing the lighter brighter pinks and blues that I loved so much.

I picked my stuff back up and made my way back to My elishas room, but something seemed even more off then usual. Everyone was...  sad like really sad. Normally everyone was pretty chill and had a range of emotions but this one was clear. "Hershel?" I walked over to him as he wiped his face with his cloth rag, "what's going on?" "Brogan you can't come in here for much longer, everyone who comes in has a high chance of getting the virus" I looked around the corner at Glenn who seemed to be way worse then he was last night "Hershel, I've been here since the virus started and I'm fine" "so was Glenn..." he had a point but I couldn't leave my baby girl in here by her self, I just can't "I'm sorry Hershel but if that means that she's here alone then it's not gonna happen" I walked away and went back to my cell.

Daryl was sitting on the bed with her, he was stroking her hair while she was asleep but I could see the change in her skin tone and the bags under her eyes, she wasn't going to be one of the lucky ones "hey, we need to talk" I nodded my head after throwing my blanket onto the bunk. We stood a few steps away from the cell and I watched as she shivered in her sleep "it's not safe for you in here anymore , I know she's your little girl but if you get the virus as well, then who's gonna look after her when she gets better" I felt my eye lids sag for the lack of sleep which made it harder to focus "Daryl I can't leave her in here by her self, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened" "brogan look around, I can't have you ending up like them okay, you and that lil girl are all I have left... " he was right, me being in here wasn't going to help anyone, especially if I get the virus as well... I walked over to the bed and sat down next to her "Elisha, sweetie" she lifted up her head and a smile grew across her face "hi mommy" I felt my eyes water and my chest tighten "your not going to see me for a little while Elisha, it's not because I don't love you because I love you more then anyone ever could, but I've got to go to the other part of the prison so I don't get sick" her smile soon vanished and my heart broke "but what if your not here to help me get better, you said it was gonna be really bad but you would kiss my head and I'd get better, what happens if you don't give me the magic kiss and I die" my heart wasn't broke anymore, it was shattered into a million pieces and the tears started streaming, I pulled her close to me and  I felt her cry a little "your not gonna die sweetie, Hershel will tell me when your ready to get better and I'll come and kiss your head and hug you tight and then you'll go to sleep and you'll be better when you wake up" she nodded her head and I smiled at her before putting my clothes into my bag "wait!" I looked at her as she shifted something out of the draw "I made you this" I put my hand out and she passed me a key attached to a string, it was the old key from my old home, I gave her one last hug and made my way over to the other cell.

I left my pillows and blankets and brought my bag. "Here's your new room" it was bare and the window over looked all the forests which was a positive "you gonna be okay" I looked at him and nodded, I had a shift in less then afew moments so I didn't get to settle in properly, Daryl walked out the room and I sat in the silence, I had never been separated from her and this wasn't a good time for that, I took the necklace out of my pocket and admired it for a moment before putting it around my neck. This wasn't going to be easy. "Hey" I looked up at the door and watched Carl walk in "hey" he had his hat in his hand, "you okay" I nodded my head and smiled a little before standing up with my bat "you sure?" He was worried about me, and I don't blame him but even one here kept checking up on me and being careful with me as if I was a bomb on the verge of going off, I nodded before walking walking past him, making my way to the tower but I was stopped by a hand pulling me back. "You don't have to lie to me you know" I looked into his eyes and admired their rustic green colour. "I'm okay Carl,I promise" I gave him one last smile before making my way to the tower.