Silver pen with red ink

The night dragged on and so did the party, people from all over Alexandria had gathered in this small house just for these people who I had called family once before

The night dragged on and so did the party, people from all over Alexandria had gathered in this small house just for these people who I had called family once before. I twisted the end of my shirt into the middle of my palm as I sat on the swinging chair out front. The sun had gone down and the air was nothing more then a summer breeze "hey small bean" I lifted my heavy head at the door from as glen came walking out of it. "What are you doing out here when everyone else is in there?" I stood up and straightened my back, letting go of my sleeves and gripping my hand tightly with the other. "Nothing, just wanted some fresh air" I tilted the ends of my mouth as I walked past him back into the building. "You sure?" I winced as he held my arm, he didn't do anything to hurt me... it already hurt, he just wasn't the cause. "I'm fine" I pulled my arm away and cradled it into my chest as I scooted past the people in my way. "Hey gorgeous" I felt his hands go around my waist as I walked into the kitchen, Carl's eyes didn't move off of me the whole time I was there. "Hey Luke"

He handed me a cup of what ever the hell everyone else was drinking and began to sip it down slowly, admiring the room as I took my time on the drink. Elisha and Luke's brother were playing together, rick was talking to Luke's mom, Daryl was at the meal and Glenn and Maggie were laughing in the corner... the others were around here but not here. I mean... they looked happy but you could tell that they were on edge  just by being here. "What's that red stuff on your arm?" Ron had snapped me back into the conversation and I looked down at my arm, a small patch of blood lay on top of my shirt, I blamed it on the drink "must have spilled a bit" I finished it off and placed the glass on the side. "I'll be back in 10" I passed my way through the crowds of people and made my way into the upstairs bathroom, no crows up here... I lifted up my sleeve and ran the cold water on top of my arm, it stung but not in a way that made me hurt, but in a different way, I patted down the tinted yellow toilet paper on my arm and watched how the paper was filling up with lines of colour. "Maya" I frantically pulled my sleeve down as a friendly face entered the small bathroom, "hey beautiful" enid, I'm so g,ad she's here... well not as in the fact that we're in the bathroom but as in I'm glad she's at the party. "Come on, Ive been looking for you for about 30minuets" she gripped my hand and we began to walk down the crowded staircase again, I didn't let go of her hand until we were back in the kitchen with the others. "You okay, you seem funny?" Luke bent down alittle and whispered into my ear, I nodded my head and placed my arm around him, "I'm just tired" he planted a kiss on my forehead and placed his arm around my waist, "you staying at mine tonight"  he nodded his head and I began to feel my mouth curl up. "Good" I hugged him tighter before turning back to enid.

I liked when he stayed over at mine, not for sexual reasons or anything like that but just because it's nice having someone to wake up to in the morning, especially when they make you breakfast. "So?" I looked at her as she gave me her devilish grin on her face that I couldn't help but smile at. "What now?" She giggled into her drink that she sipped and for the first time in a while I felt happy, she always made me feel better. "You were right about your friend over there" I turned back around slightly and looked over the Carl who was standing there laughing with Ron over something that I can only imagine to be comic book related. "You think he's cute don't you?" She giggled again and pulled me to stand next to her, we sat on the spare table that was sitting there and I kept having to make sure no one could see up my skirt. "Yeah but there's one thing which you haven't clicked onto yet" I turned to her. Confused as ever. "He totally has a thing for you" I looked over to the him after I hit Enid in the arm causing a loud chuckle to escape he lips.

I tilted my head and he slowly lay glanced over to my way, we exchanged smiles before turning our heads away again yet every so often, his eyes naturally drifted back in my direction. I never thought about it before, maybe he did have a thing for me . "He can't have, I'm with Luke after all" she leaned her shoulder over to mine and nudged me a tiny bit before helping me off the table. "Well from the way he talks about you and looks at you, I think he does" She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the group again, causing me to wince again at the pain in my arm. "What was that about?" I looked over to the long haired boy enid dragged me over to, "nothing for you to worry about yet" she gave me a short wink from across the circle and I finally felt my smile stay intact.