ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

"What mood is this outfit?" Yoongi asked looking at Jimin as he walked up to the table holding his lunch tray in his hands. Jimin glanced down at his outfit before sitting down and setting his backpack under the table to settle in his seat.

"I think stripes show anxiety." Jimin stated adjusting his choker before unpacking his chopsticks and beginning to eat his dinner. Yoongi eyed him with suspicion before looking up to see Taehyung approaching them with Jin close behind. They both held trays and Jimin jumped in fear when Taehyung slammed his tray down on the table.

"What the hell is your issue?" Jimin asked in annoyance and wiped his chin with a napkin to remove the stray sauce from the noodle he had been trying to eat.

"My professor is a dipshit that's my issue." Taehyung scowled slumping into his seat next to Jimin who was laughing at the ugly scowl covering his best friends face.

"Don't laugh you dick."

"Don't laugh you dick." A voice mocked and Jimin turned to see Namjoon looking at the group with his tray in hand. He sat down next to Jin and leaned his head against the older's shoulder. His eyes closed with exhaustion and the group decided to ignore the tired boy.

"Okay okay I have to go." Jimin announced as he finished his coffee and standing to throw away his trash.

"You going to your boyfriend?" Taehyung mocked in a whiny voice as Jimin re approached the table to grab his bag.

"If dance practice counts then yes sweetheart." Jimin said with an attitude as he bent down to grab his backpack and set it on one of his shoulders. Taehyung waved him away with his free hand before he leaned forward to shovel food into his mouth. Jimin hit him on the back of the head before walking out of the dining hall. He pulled his jacket closer to his body in attempt to protect himself from the cold as he walked across campus to the large dance studio.

As he walked to the entrance he could hear several different varieties of music blaring from speakers in different studios which brought a smile to Jimin's face and he immediately felt much more at home and safe within in the building.

Jimin walked up two flights of stairs to reach the studio he had to go to and he swung the door open when he got there. The boy inside leaped nearly ten feet in the air causing Jimin to bend over with laughter.

"You could've at least knocked Jimin." The boy scowled and adjusted his jeans before walking across the floor to pause the song.

"Funnier if I didn't." Jimin shrugged and set his bag down against the wall a few inches away from where his friends back was.

"So we're getting a third person today." The boy stated and Jimin turned to look at him with confusion.

"Who and why Hobi?" Jimin asked unsurely. He and Hoseok had been dancing together as a duo since Jimin started attending the university two years ago so he wasn't sure about adding a third person especially one he didn't know.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook and because he's an amazing dancer, I found him in the freshmen classes he's definitely too good to be there." Hoseok explained and Jimin nodded as he pulled his hoodie over his head.

"When's he coming?" Jimin asked adjusting his joggers to a comfortable position.

"He should be coming about now."

Just as Hoseok was done speaking the door opened slowly to reveal a boy that looked to be the age of 18. He had light brown hair styled up to expose his forehead. He wore a dark red Seoul hoodie and black joggers. He had a bag over his shoulder and he had eyeliner circling his eyes but it wasn't extremely overwhelming.

"Hey." The boy said and walked a bit further into the room.

"Hello you must be Jungkook I'm Hoseok and that is Jimin." Hoseok greeted and pointed to Jimin with the end of his sentence. Jungkook nodded his head and looked over to Jimin who gave him a small wave of greeting.

"Well let's see what you can do then." Jimin said with a kind smile eliminating any intimidation in the room and walking over to the speaker. He chose a song and walked to his usual position. Hoseok followed and stood near Jimin. Jungkook watching with confusion and Jimin waved him over.

"Just freestyle to the song that's what we're going to do." Jimin explained and Jungkook nodded with a small smirk but not quite a smile. Jimin noted that he didn't seem like the one to smile. The song began playing and three started moving in different ways but it all seemed to flow together perfectly. By the time the end of the song came Jimin and Hoseok were salsa dancing off beat and Jungkook watched with amusement.

"Eventually we'll all be salsa dancing at the end of random songs." Hoseok said confidently and walked towards the stereo to turn off the next song that started playing. Jungkook half nodded and Jimin smiled. Before Hoseok could officially start practice his phone began to ring and he answered it quickly after reading the caller I.D.

"Jimin I have to go." Hoseok rushed and picked up his belongings from the floor. Jimin let out a sigh and watched him move to exit the room.

"Just teach Jungkook the dance please." Hoseok said in a pleading tone and disappeared from the room and Jimin's line of sight.

"Alright Jungkook you ready?" Jimin asked after setting up the song he and Hoseok had been preparing a dance for, for the past few months.

"Yes sir." Jungkook said and positioned himself to the side of Jimin and watched him show him the basic steps to the beginning.

"5,6,7,8"