ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

This is when we're going to get into more of a coherent timeline. Not day by day but not months apart anymore.

The sun danced across the grass of the field and covered animal, plant, and flower with warmth. It was a true day of spring and the weather was proving that. The birds flew together in small flocks chirping in conversation. There was a little breeze swirling through the air and intertwining itself in the trees. A few butterflies flew around in pairs in the field occasionally grazing the tops of flowers scattered around the grass.

Jimin watched the small colorful bugs fly around with a delicate smile before looking back down to the sketchbook in front of him rested against his thighs covered in sketches and a few colors. He distractedly ran the pads of his fingers against the colors and soft lines he had drew and quietly cursed at himself as he smudged the line into blurred gray pencil markings.

Jimin sighed loudly and picked the pencil up from the grass after lightly pushing a ladybug off and into the safety of a flower. "Be safe buggie." He whispered quietly and smiled before using his pencil to fix the lines.

Jimin groaned as he set down his colored pencil to pull his buzzing phone out of the pocket of his jeans. He sighed as he watched Jin's contact picture cover his screen. He slid his finger over the answer call button and pressed the phone his ear waiting for Jin's muffled voice to break the static.

"Jimin are you coming over still?"

Jimin pulled the phone from his ear to check the time and gasped at how late it was getting without him noticing. "Yeah I'm on the way." Jimin responded and the conversation ended quickly after that. He pushed his sketchbook and other belongings into his backpack before pushing himself off of the dirt. He wiped his hands of dirt before cupping both hands around his mouth.

"Jungkook!" Jimin called as loud as possible into the area behind where he had been sitting. Jungkook was sitting with crossed legs using his hands to play with a bunny that was bouncing around him. His head shot up at he look to Jimin before standing and running towards him.

"It's time to go, Jin wants us there." Jimin explained and Jungkook nodded in agreement. The two walked through the grass being careful not to step on the flowers or other plants. Jimin fumbled through the front pocket of his backpack and pulled his lanyard out that had all his keys dangling off of the black material.

"You need a new car." Jungkook commented as he pulled open the passenger door and slid into the seat. Jimin responded with a scoff and an eye roll before starting the car. The engine sputtered to life and Jungkook let out a sigh. "When you have money to buy me a new car let me know."

-

"Hi my loves." Jin exclaimed excitedly as he swung the apartment door open. Jimin smiled with a head nod and accepted the hug was offering him. The warmth made him feel safe for the few moments they were embraced. Jimin walked past him and further into the apartment to where the main source of noise was.

A fork fell onto the counter and a loud scream sounded through the kitchen. Jimin took a step back from shock before recovering and walking further into the kitchen. Jimin could feel Jungkook closely behind him as he moved towards the dining table to sit at one of the creaky chairs.

"Welcome to my kitchen beauties." Hoseok greeted automatically earning a scoff of anger from Jin who re entered the kitchen and went to stand beside Hoseok. "This is my kitchen." Jin corrected and shoved him over with his hip.

Hoseok let out a high pitched laugh as he stumbled away from Jin and walked over to sit at the last dining chair on the other side of the table that Jimin and Jungkook were occupying.

"Do I need to put onions in this?" Namjoon piped up earning a glare from Jin who pointed at the paper propped up on a small easel. "Does it say add onions?" Jin asked slowly and Namjoon nodded causing Jimin to let out a wheeze of laughter.

"You're so dumb." Jungkook commented in between his own laughs after apologizing for stumbling through his words from breathless laughter. Namjoon glared over at the boys who were hysterical at that point and pointed his knife in their direction. Both boys threw their hands up in defense as a reaction.

"That's what I thought."

-

The sound of crickets chirping filled the small living room that all the boys were contained in. The bright moonlight shined through the open windows and artificial lights from the lamps around the room lit up the rest of the area. The boys were scattered around the room in a variety of positions. Taehyung was sitting in the corner of a couch with Yoongi beside him relaxed in a casual sitting position. Jin and Namjoon were cuddling on a large bean bag. Jungkook was sitting upright with Jimin turned on his side with his head on top of Jungkook's thighs. Hoseok was at the end of the same couch with Jimin's calves and feet on top of his thighs.

"So I think we should speak of past endeavors." Namjoon commented.

Jimin rubbed the pad of his thumb over Jungkook's thigh as the group murmured in response to what Namjoon suggested. "Is that really a good idea?" Taehyung asked thinking back to some past situations that he wasn't sure about voicing.

"If we're going to all be friends we have to be honest about everything. Even things we don't want to talk about." Jin pushed. Jimin's eyebrows furrowed against his forehead in confusion as Jin pushed for the conversation to start.

"Who first?"

"Jimin."