ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34

Jimin liked hearing the sound of his own voice most of the time but admittedly after hearing it for roughly three hours every night until he can barely keep his eyes open it was getting tiresome. 

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." Jimin mumbled in accented English yet another sentence from The Great Gatsby as Jungkook laid beneath him with his arm wrapped around his boyfriend's wait. A small yawn stretched Jimin's mouth and he folded the book together than rested it on his boyfriend's chest. He glanced up to read the digital clock on the bed side table and the red neon numbers read 2:45 am. 

"Jungkook we can't keep doing this." Jimin stated and slid up against the sheets so that he was now sitting up and looking at Jungkook's face. All he received was a sigh and it only made him more frustrated. He took a deep breath and used both his hands to cover one of Jungkook's hands. "Baby you start school next week. You're not going to survive if you can't sleep until nearly three am with only me by your side." He further pushed and Jungkook squeezed Jimin's hands to attempt at reassuring him. 

"I don't know what to do." Jungkook admitted and used his other free hand to rub his tired eyes that wouldn't sleep.  He wasn't on the verge of a mental breakdown in any way shape or form he just wanted to get some sleep. 

"We need to go to the doctor." Jimin mumbled again letting his accent slip through which only happened when he was exhausted and he let his head collapse down onto Jungkook's chest again and he was out like a light immediately. Jungkook sighed and reached for the remote to their fan and turned off the light to let the room become absorbed in darkness. 

After staying awake for an extra hour Jungkook finally fell asleep only to wake up again three and a half hours later. He rolled over to see Jimin sleeping soundly with his face pushed into the mattress rather than his chest of even the pillow that was always the second option when the warmth of his boyfriend wasn't available. 

Jungkook sighed and pushed the silk sheets off of his body and shivered at his feet contacting the cold wooden floor. He slid his obnoxious pink bunny slippers on that Jimin gave him a couple weeks after they had finished moving into their apartment. Jungkook pulled out different pans and ingredients to start cooking breakfast. 

He quickly connected his phone to the speakers in the ceiling of the kitchen and started playing music quietly enough to not wake up Jimin but loud enough to hear. He let out a slow yawn and covered his mouth with his eyes shut tightly before he returned to cooking. 

It took him about an hour to finish cooking food for them. Jimin slowly padded his way into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's wait, slightly shivering at the others warm torso coming into contact with his cold figure. "Good morning." He said softly and pressed his lips against his boyfriend's spine causing goosebumps to raise on his tanned skin. 

"Good Morning." Jungkook said and let out another long yawn using his hand to cover his mouth. Jimin sighed softly before slipping his arms away from the younger and going to the cabinet to grab plates for the two of them. Once all of the plates were out and the utensils were organized on the table Jungkook sectioned the food off for both of them. 

Breakfast started off quiet and the only sounds were the utensils hitting the plates and the music that Jungkook was playing through the speakers only slightly louder now that the older was awake. "Did you call the doctor?" Jimin asked quietly as he kept his eyes locked down on his  fork that was covered in scrambled eggs. 

"I will." Jungkook said and stood from the table to go pick up his phone from the counter and walk into the hallway. Jimin let out a deep breath and sat back in his chair with an unforgiving posture. He left his fork on the edge of his plate and pushed both of his hands against his cheeks. 'Get it together Jimin' he quietly scolded himself and leaned forward again to pick up his fork and continue eating. 

Once they were both finished eating they took quick showers and changed into casual clothing to get in the car and drive to the doctor. The car ride was definitely more comfortable as familiar songs played through the radio and Jungkook began loudly singing to them causing Jimin's signature giggle to burst through the surface for the first time that day. 

The visit to the doctor's was short lived considering it only took a total of five minutes for the doctor to nearly chuckle at the obvious diagnosis. He told Jungkook he had a severe case of insomnia and prescribed him sleeping pills for assistance in getting him to sleep at a normal time. The visit was casual until the doctor asked what was keeping him up at night and he awkwardly shrugged with a stuttered out response. 

After they left the doctor's office Jimin took Jungkook to order his medicine and then took him to lunch at a local diner to pass the time before it was ready. 

"Are you excited for school to start again?" Jimin asked and his boyfriend laughed at the stupid question with an obvious answer. "No pretty." He responded and Jimin responded with a laugh and a nod of the head. 

"You'll be okay baby don't worry."

"Speaking of the year starting what job did you find you never told me." Jungkook wondered out loud and smiled once he watched Jimin's smiled brighten and his eyes turn into their typical happy crescents. 

"Hobi and I are going to be dance instructors at the Seoul dance studio." Jimin beamed and Jungkook giggled at the sigh of his giddy boyfriend. "Sounds perfect for you." He beamed back and his boyfriend pressed a finger to his lips and kissing them before pressing it to his cheek. 

"Now lets go get your medicine so that you can get some real sleep for once."

"Okay my love."

-

Wassup whores ;) 

Sorry that was rude, I'm not actually but still. I hope ya'll liked the chapter. 

Don't get worried about the insomnia it's something important for later but it IS NOT A BAD THING don't panic. There's probably two more updates for tonight but I haven't decided yet. (Maybe three, maybe I'm feeling nice)

- Rose