ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

"How was school?" Jimin asked causing Jungkook to look up at him from the plate in front of him full of food that he was just picking at. He let out a sigh and scooped a spoonful of food into his mouth.

"Jungkook." The other emphasized trying to capture the younger's obviously distracted attention. He let out a frustrated sigh and threw his silverware down as he watched the boy across the tables head flinch but his eyes remained down. The screech of the chair made Jungkook flinch and glance up to see Jimin walking out of the kitchen and into the living room. Jungkook let out a defeated sigh and pushed his plate forward before carelessly slamming his head onto the table. 

Unfortunately the two had been fighting over the past two weeks over several small reasons and the occasional big reason. It could be as simple as Jungkook forgetting to put the dishes away or Jimin falling asleep too early. Or as big as Jungkook locking himself in the bedroom while yelling at Jimin through the door. These fights have made the apartment quiet and cold even with the air conditioner off. It's not like they've never fought before but in this case it just seemed to be getting worse. 

Jungkook finally pushed himself away from the table and up onto his feet before he walking to stand in the doorway of the kitchen supporting himself against the wall. "Jimin." He said cautiously and the older glanced up at him before looking forward again. His legs were curled up against his chest covered in a white fluffy blanket they had received as a house warming gift from Jin and his eyes were closed as he leaned his head down in his legs. 

"Jimin." More silence which only made Jungkook angrier. "Fucking answer me." He suddenly yelled causing Jimin to jump slightly in his seat before whipping his head up to look at the man standing in the door way. A sharp scoff escaped his throat "Oh now you want to talk to me?" He said clearly irritated. He shifted his position so that he was turned to face Jungkook.

Jungkook could feel his blood boiling as he watched tears fall down the love of his life's face that were angrily wiped off of his flustered cheeks. "What the hell do you mean?" The question with what seemed to have an obvious answer caused Jimin to sigh loudly and pull at his hair. 

"Are you kidding me Jungkook? When I get home you pretend to be asleep and then get up after I fall asleep to do work or even eat. You haven't said any real sentences to me for two days." He responded cringing at the voice crack he had halfway through the sentence thinking back to coming home knowing Jungkook wasn't asleep at seven every night. 

"I only do it because there's no reason to talk." Jimin laughed bitterly at the statement and pushed his blanket off of him and stood to approach Jungkook. "And why's that?" He asked now face to face with the person making him want to shave all of his hair off. 

"Because Jimin you don't ask nor care. Did you know I don't have one friend at school anymore? Did you know that people bother me because I'm alone." Jungkook rambled shortly putting air quotes around alone causing Jimin to roll his eyes. 

"Fuck you Jungkook. I ask every single night when I come home if you aren't pretending to sleep which is rarely recently. And I would know if you would fucking tell me things. But you don't know how to communicate too well apparently." Jimin responded angrier than he was before. He was most hurt by what the boy had said rather than being angry about what the fight had previously been about. The response this comment elicited was a heavy scoff and an eye roll. 

"You know what Jungkook-" Jimin sighed and aggressively rubbed his hands over his face "I don't want to talk to you right now. Cause you're just going to keep hurting me and I can't right now." He said turned around on his heel and grabbing his phone before leaving the apartment with the slam of a door. Jimin walked out of the apartment building and just sat on the cold concrete not realizing he probably should have brought a sweater out with him. 

He sighed and let his forehead rest against his knee caps as his body shook with choked sobs and painful jerks from his lungs struggling to take in enough air to function properly. His phone started ringing and his blurry vision struggled to make out the caller ID but he could see the picture making him smile. 

"Hey Hoseok." Jimin greeted and flinched at the others loud gasp emitting through the speakers in the phone he held tightly against his ear. "Are you crying?" He asked with a voice laced with concern. The man sitting on the concrete sighed and hummed a short noise of agreement before letting out another sob. Hoseok forced him to explain the situation before sighing in response and saying Jungkook didn't mean what he said. 

As much as Jimin hoped his fiance never came walking out of the building to check on him even as the sun went down and the air got progressively colder. 'I don't understand' Jimin mumbled to himself as he focused on a particularly bright star shining through the thin cloud layer in the sky. Empty tears slid down his cheeks before he sniffled harshly and forced himself to stop crying. 

He slowly made his way back into the apartment to find Jungkook laying down on the couch staring at the TV that was on and paused on a picture of the two of them the day Jungkook had proposed in their kitchen. Jimin smiled at the memory knowing his fiance had taken the picture after he had processed that Jimin accepted the proposition. 

"Jimin." A hoarse voice said slowly causing him to jump again and turn his attention to the boy on the couch looking at him with a tear stained face and already puffy eyes. "Yes?"

"Come here." He cracked and Jimin's resolve broke as he walked across the living room to plant himself on an empty space of the couch. Jungkook pushed himself up and sat with his legs crossed watching Jimin. He cautiously reached across and intertwined a hand with the others.

"I didn't mean what I said earlier. I was just angry. I know I haven't been open with you and that's my fault." Jungkook began apologizing causing Jimin to sigh shakily and stare at the ceiling to try and let the tears fall back in his eyes but they just slid backwards into his hair. 

"And I want you to know I'm going to stop pretending to sleep and I'll actually talk to you. I've just been afraid to admit how hard everything is getting." He continued admitting his feelings and his fiance looked to him with wide eyes processing his confession. Jimin finally reached forward and cupped Jungkook's cheek to comfort him. He used the pad of his thumb to push the tears away from under his eyes. 

"It's okay Jungkook I'll always be here. Please don't forget that just tell me if something is upsetting you. No more holding it in." Jimin said softly not trusting his voice to stay strong any louder. 

"I promise." Jungkook said and held up his pinkie cause Jimin to smile and connect his own with the war finger of his lover. 

"I love you."

"I love you too dear."

-

Oh my god! Ya'll Wattpad was being a lil hoe yesterday. I had my chapters written but when I refreshed it on my phone last night they weren't there. Who tf. So ya girl is rewriting them right now. There's three maybe four chapters left by the way :)

- Rose