ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42

"Jimin hyung." A soft voice chirped interrupting the boys train of distracted thought. Jimin glanced down and smiled at the small boy smiling up at him with his bunny like front teeth. "Yes Jungwook?" He asked with a soft voice bending down to be eye level with the boy.

"Can we meet Jungkook?" He asked and the dance instructor instantly beamed at the young man's question. "Of course let me call him." He said and pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time and make sure Jungkook was home. 

"Hello?" Jungkook's hoarse voice crackled through the phone speakers and Jimin instantly smiled at the voice. 

"Hi love are you busy?"

"No why pretty?"

"Can you come visit my class I have someone who wants to meet you." He asked sweetly and internally cheered at Jungkook's agreement to the proposition. "Is he coming?" The sweet voice of the boys asked and cheered when Jimin nodded as his answer. 

It took about fifteen minutes for Jungkook to find his way into the studio and his eyes widened at the noise and presence of all the kids in the room. His wide eyes expression caused Jimin to laugh as he walked across the room to where his handsome fiance stood looking quite overwhelmed. "Hello love." Jimin greeted pressing a light kiss to the other one's cheek before leading him with their intertwined hands to the front. He cleared his throat catching his classes attention and they slowly stopped dancing across the floor and congregated at the front. 

"Kiddos this is my fiance Jungkook. Please be respectful." Jimin said with a kind smile and soft voice waiting for the reaction of his students. After Jungkook was greeted by the class they were allowed to go back to dancing but Jungwook wandered his way to the platform where the couple was standing. "Hyung." He said softly and both parties squatted down to sit on platform and be closer to the young boy. 

"Yes dear?" Jimin asked but stopped speaking when he watched the child look over to Jungkook who was watching him intently. "Hi young man." He greeted and the little boy giggled making Jungkook's heart swoon. 

"Thank you for making Jimin hyung happy." He said with another giggle and walked away to stand with another young boy in the class who had been watching him protectively despite their young age. "Why was I asked to come here?" Jungkook suddenly asked causing Jimin to look over at him rather than the kids filling the room. 

"He wanted to meet you. He's the sweetest." Jimin explained before standing back up and taking control of his class again. 

Once the remainder of class was over Jimin dismissed the students and waited for each of them to be picked up by their adult until it was only Jungwook left in the classroom sitting in the corner quietly fidgeting with the blue string still strongly attached to his finger.

"Jungwook." Jimin said softly as he sat up straight whilst adjusting the strap on his bag that was digging aggressively into his shoulder. The young boy's head shot up as he registered that he was being called. "Yes hyung?" He asked softly and Jimin smiled at the honorifics the young boy still used with him. 

"Where's your mommy?" He asked and the child sighed before pushing himself off the floor. "Soojung should be here soon." He said and collected his belongings. Jungkook looked over to Jimin with wide eyes emphasizing his confusion at the lack of respect in the sentence. Jimin shrugged and was interrupted by the door swinging open before he could talk. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I'm Jungwook's case worker." The woman explained. Her long straight hair was hanging from the back of her head in a tight ponytail and her face was flustered. "It's perfectly fine he's lovely." Jimin assured her and bid the two goodbye as they left. 

Jungkook and Jimin followed them out to get back to their car which was the only one left in the lot due to it being later than usual when Jimin would typically leave with Hoseok. "I hope he finds a good home soon. He's a lovely boy." Jimin sighed as he buckled his seat belt in the passenger seat. Jungkook simply hummed and drove out of the parking lot. 

"Baby are you okay?" Jimin suddenly asked breaking the atmosphere in the car that was filled with absolute silence that would typically be comfortable but it wasn't this time. Jungkook hummed again and the other let a sigh brush past his lips again knowing the humming meant that Jungkook's answer was a complete lie. 

"What's wrong?" He pressed again and Jungkook parked the car and got out without waiting for Jimin to even take off his buckle. Jimin watched through the front windshield as Jungkook disappeared inside of the building with tense shoulders. "Fuck" he mumbled to himself and got out the car with his bag in hand. He made his way up through the elevator and down the hallway to walk into their apartment. 

"Jungkook." Jimin called out as he threw his bag down on the couch and kicked his shoes off into the corner. He let out a calming sigh and walked into the kitchen hoping his lover was there and ended up disappointed when not finding him at the counter. He padded through the hallways towards the bedroom to find Jungkook hunched over his textbooks again. The same position he has come home to since the end of winter break. 

"I just have to get this done and I'm tired." He sighed and his focus remained on the books in front of him. "You should've told me love I would've told them you could come next week." Jimin sighed and Jungkook almost bitterly laughed. 

"It doesn't matter." He said before pushing ear buds into his ears and pushing the volume button up to as high as possible to drown out his significant other. Jimin sighed and went into the bathroom to quickly shower and change into sleeping clothes. He looked over at Jungkook who was tugging at his hair as he quickly scribbled down more answers to different questions on the assignment. Jimin ran his hands through Jungkook's hair and pressed a soft kiss to the top of his whispering an 'I love you" even though he couldn't hear. 

Jimin snuggled into the cold sheets on his own and rolled around attempting to fall asleep but failing when he was alone and cold in his bed sheets that were silk and made to trap cold. The last thing Jimin remembered before his eyelids became too heavy to hold open was the sound of two things clattering against a soft material and the light shutting off. A strong sigh from his fiance and his warmth flush against Jimin was enough to help push the older of the two into a deep sleep.

-

I think an angsty chapter was the BEST way to end the night. Three of four more chapters tomorrow. It'll be the ending so get ready. 

Poor Jungkookie is extremely stressed. I relate. School is fucking stressful. Anyways I'll be heading to sleep now. Goodnight or morning if it's early for you. 

- Rose